1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toni Elias wants to race in MotoAmerica

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Aug 14, 2015.

1. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Lol :bow:

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Many of them but definitely not all. Many of them get free or paid rides through their teams without personal sponsorship.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I hope that no American sponsor dollars go to support him. We should be spending sponsor dollars on our young, hungry racers that are trying to make it.
    Plus, why would anyone care that he is here? He's kind of a dope, doubt he has a big fan base, and I'll bet he's nothing more than an also ran in MotoAmerica. I mean when guys like Hodgson go from WSB champion to AMA also ran, why would a dope like Elias do any better?

5. 418

418 Expert #59

I'll make sure to tell the WSBK announcers they don't know WTF they're talking about then. The beeb expert says so.

6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Those same announcers were also saying he was getting the factory's 'tired' engines from the varsity team so no, he was not on a legit factory bike with 'equal' equipment. Not even this year's Red Devil's team is a legit full on factory effort, hence the reason Red Devils has publicly stated their displeasure with Aprilia. Not to mention Aprilia just blasted Red Devils accordingly...

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Yep, there is 8 that I know personally, that still get PAID a very very good Monthly salary with podium bonus money, haha, and one of them is seriously creaming it this year

8. I think you are walking over dollars to get to pennies. The series needs top riders, they will bring exposure. With exposure comes money, with money that is then available for young Americans.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

When you look at all of the grids for all of the classes, 8 isn't that many. I'll stick to my guns that most riders in BSB are footing their own bill completely or bringing personal sponsor$ to teams they ride for.

10. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Did they take this out of his monthly salary or bonus money??? Lol. :crackup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0176GGKdSw

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Toni Elias killed Valentino's 2006 MotoGP championship.

Here at Jerez

[​IMG]

and then again right here at Estoril

[​IMG]

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You're missing my point. (at least part of it) Elias is a retard. He's not popular and would not bring in any sponsor dollars that would benefit the series. Your theory might work if it was a big name. Elias would not even get exposure because he would be mid pack.

Get Bayliss to come out of retirement or Mladin or better yet get both of them to go at it...that would be good exposure. Or if Nicky came back or someone that will draw fans. Until then, spend sponsor dollars on our American youth and let the USA build back up to the premier feeder series for the world stage like it used to be.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I look at Elias as the start. I'd rather someone like Biaggi, Rea or even Crutchlow but it has to (re)start somewhere.

Obviously I'd want him to ride for a yet entered team and not poach one of the few good rides currently available.

I think we about to see an explosion in world wide interest in AMA.

15. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

With Boobietitties going off to WSBK and Hayden going there I'm interested in the ripple down.

I'd prefer Hayes going but we'll see.

The money is there, they just need something to spend it on.

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've been off social media today. Did I miss something?

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I think Dave is just being very Positive:clap: Hope is 100% write though!

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Gotcha, I know it's been rumored and I would absolutely love to see it.

20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Lol at Elias being mid pack in MotoAmerica. You don't win a Moto2 championship by being slow. Barring entering each race on a Grom, he'd be a win/podium contender every race.