1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow is the big day for a lot of HS athletes

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A lot of High School Junior athletes are wound up tight today. The College coaches can start contacting them at 12:01 AM tomorrow via electronic means to start the formal recruiting process. I think it's Baseball, Basketball, Softball, Lacrosse and a bunch more.

Gonna be a real interesting day at school for a lot of kids tomorrow. :D

Lee#144 and BigBird like this.
  2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

What’s your kid’s wish list on schools?

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Dave is coming to the Ville so I can get him drunk on good bourbon:D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doesn't have a firm list but originally she said no VA schools and D1 only. That's changed to "possibly a VA school" if. . . Really, she's open.
    She did have a giant wave of oh shit hit her. A school contacted her coach about Field Hockey. She never gave that a thought as something beyond something to do and have fun with in the fall. lol!

The 'ville is on mine for her to look at but she stuck on "it's in Kentucky." lol!

One of our friend's kids is looking at D1 baseball and trying to go Ivy. Kid is sweating his nuts off and looks like a junkie with all the stress.

BigBird likes this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Trust me...I totally get where she's coming from:D I'm amazed my son's fiancee's family from Boston allowed her to come here, but ends up they love it so much from their visits that they might retire in KY.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well Good luck to her and the family @Dave K !

Hopefully she gets what she wants and the best for her!!

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with Louisville...as long as you don't mind having your car windows smashed while officiating there.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thanks Bird, she'll be fine. She has some really good people helping her and looking out for her that she'll go someplace.

I'm actually worried about some of her friends and team mates. They are so wrapped up in all the crap that if shit doesn't fall in line tonight and the next few says things could go sideways for them. :(

BigBird likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just be sure to help them remember the % that actually go pro successfully. Make it about free school with a good degree/career path over D1 and other nonsense. A coworker played football at a D3 school (Alabama A&M) got a free engineering degree and married a dentist. They got a great income vs the sports management degree from D1....

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My kid will be fine (got a couple of emails, texts yesterday and today and an actual phone call a few minutes ago) but this ain't about my kid. :(

Some really messed up local kids and you try and tell them that if the call they wanted to get didn't come today, it doesn't mean they aren't interested.

"But I was sure. . ." Man, bad mental space for some kids if their identity depends on THE school calling. :(

RD, nope, nothing from the 'ville to the kid yet. :D

ekraft84 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, it's become a possibility the last few days. ;)

BigBird, Lee#144, cBJr and 2 others like this.
  12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Go Lil K!

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed my time there. It's been a few years since I lived there, but feel free to reach out if you want an opinion on the college or whatever.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm leaving it to her until she asks for help. ;) I appreciate it. :up:

zamboiv, BigBird and cBJr like this.
  15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Louis - Ville, yes I say it that way...it pisses em off, is a great place. My buddy is from there and went to Louis-Ville. If you go at the right time of year you can watch college football, horses at Churchill and gamble on the boat across the river. Hell we've even walked form the football stadium to churchill to catch the last few races when the f'ball was a blowout. Good times.

Good luck on getting some free college for your spawn.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I cannot come to grips with the concept of the Mini-K headed to college.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still coming to grips with the less mini than Dave K existing :crackup:

R Acree likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You and Evelyne met her at under a month old at her first WERA event. You saw that she exists. :)

Free ain't happening. A very slight discount and maybe a jump ahead on highly selective schools might. ;) :)

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wassamotta U of course!

20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Stressful days for sure. I played D1 soccer, then coached 14-18 yr olds at the highest level nationally for a decade.

The stress level for the kids is high. It’s an art form dealing with the coaches and finding the best fit for a young student athlete. I e seen a lot of shady shit in my years as a player and a coach.

It’s big business. Loyalty is very hard to come by.

Best of luck to your daughter Dave.