1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To address John Cooks misinformation on facetubes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I've contacted Dunlop and let them know that as long as they do business with John Cook, there is zero chance of me doing business with them.
    I suggest you all do the same.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No actually John, when you have real friends they have no issues with calling you out when they disagree. And if you're a real friend you have no problem with that. Friends can disagree and still be friends.

No one here jumps on a bandwagon because I post something. I would like to think that those who know me trust me not to lie about how other people have behaved and as I have said and you well know I have witnesses to your actions.

You want more proof you don't know me? I'm not in charge, Evelyne is. This is her company, her BBS, her everything. I just try to do as good a job as I can taking care of her things. That includes not letting people like you get away with insulting her. I have been extremely nice in keeping my retaliation purely verbal, many others wouldn't have that restraint but that is also a part of taking care of her things.

The hate part is funny, I don't hate you. Not remotely, I'd never put that kind of effort into a person like you. You have gotten to the point where I believe Evelyne might though and that is extremely telling as she's one of the nicest people in this sport. I pity those you still have fooled because sooner or later they'll all be left holding the bag after you don't follow through on promises. BTW before you start, yes, I know you have followed through on some, the problem is all of the others where you haven't. Those are much more important.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

Wow, you don't even know me. Good for you.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Nobody is attacking you for Sean.

People are “attacking” you because we all have seen our heard or experienced our own versions of dealings with and towards you.

In fact I’ll go on record and state that Sean is a dumbass for even allowing you at a wera event.

Here let me just talk shit about you and your wife and the way you run your org. Oh by the way; I want to sell product and make money at your events.

speedluvn and Gorilla George like this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I wouldn’t go that far. I doubt Dunlop follows social media or the bbs.

What I would suggest is doing like I do and ordering them directly from racetire services and have them shipped to you.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah but I do. You're not that complicated.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Since I appear to have been the first "Billy Badass" in this thread (who knew? Never realized I was a thug.), let me clarify my position. I gave Sean kudos for remaining calm about comments (true or not) regarding Ev etc. I didn't threaten to hurt anyone.

In addition, I posted that if anyone went from discussing something as inconsequential as club racing/track days/et al to discussing my spouse (or family) and denigrating them in any capacity, I wouldn't be so forgiving.

Let me reiterate, I don't care if it's true or not. My spouse/child are not cannon fodder - they are off limits and honestly are irrelevant.

Beyond that, I have no reason to "come find you", unless of course you commit the aforementioned transgression.

(If that ever happened, my name and number are in my signature - you feel free to "come find me".)

Also, I don't think Sean needs me to handle whatever business you two might have on a personal level. My guess is he would just giggle at you anyway.

Fish on.

8. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Up the gate fees $5, everyone who presents their license gets in free. Free to the racers, everyone else, including racers family offset the cost.

rcarson15, JTRC51 and ToofPic like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't totally dislike the idea at all. What about riders who are new to WERA, new to racing, or need to renew (because using expired licenses would be a bad move)?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can you refund the gate fee when they get to registration?

11. hurricanejohn

The end result of all effort should be that the club makes enough not to have to charge high gate fees. Sometimes it is warranted depending on the event and the venue. I've been involved in a few mergers & acquisitions over the years. P&L and balance sheets look good, assets are accounted for - but cash flow would show a different story. Personal purchases, gas, groceries, rents, mortgages, car notes, insurance, vacations, and fat paychecks - all showed in the cash flow reports that the individuals were running many personal expenses through the company. Before anybody starts with any bullshit I'm not saying that is the case here. Over the years the club has cut expenses by discontinuing some classes and consolidating races to maximize participation. From the things I see today - economy booming, people working, and bigger grids - maybe the new Pitt endurance event could be expanded to other venues with their current partner or with new ones. Maybe adding a couple more vintage classes back into the mix might add racers. I know about running a successful business - you expand in good economies and contract in bad. Charging a family of 5 $150 to come to an event will definitely limit the number of times those people will come out to a race.

rcarson15 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can we, yes. Huge pain in the ass though. The amount would just have to go on the first entry anyway so no real point in adding the confusion.

13. hurricanejohn

You've never even met me, never had any face to face interaction with me whaysoever. Your opinion of me can only be based on what you have seen here yet you want to kick my ass..... I have some communication from you a while back saying I was a good guy. That all changed when I tried to make a kid whole that got screwed by Clarence on a KTM deal and you were on the other side of the situation. At least try to be honest RB.

14. Trunxgp1224

Refund at registration or send them back to the gate with their license receipt. It shouldn't add too much to the workload and overall a net positive depending on "spectators" vs licensed racers. Biggest thing is communicating to racers which tracks charge and keep the fee and which one you keep fee and can actually make that decision.

15. Trunxgp1224

You must be new here. You're talking to the wrong guy about racing financials.

16. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

So are you a superstock badass or superbike badass?:D

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Kinda Superbikey as always. :D

Gorilla George and Ducti89 like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That does bring up another issue - consistency in our procedures from track to track.

19. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Just put some spaces on the bottom of the license, say 10 or 12, each space is good for 1 free entry. The rider can use them however they see fit. The gate dude punches each one used out.

Eazy Peazy

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless the track requires us to have you all pay.