1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Warmers Comparison

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Feb 23, 2011.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I had CH digi's and they fuggin rocked!

Anyone ever use Capit brand warmers? I just noticed them in RRW, page 58. They come with a 3 year warranty. I don't remember what the others come with.

2. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

I just checked out their web site - wow, they do look well made...

3. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

How much for your rear....mine cooked at the end of the season. PM me if interested in dumping your rear.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I did re-wire the front myself. It works but I don't know for how long, don't have much confidence in it. My rear warmer is for a 160 (SV650)

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have had 2 T2's die in the last year :down:.

6. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

Yeah, the quality level is off-the-chart, but currently only teams can order them in the US, individuals have to just order them through a foreign internet vendor.

But they're still pretty cheap.

7. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

here are a few additional things to consider about choosing your next set of tire warmers:

Chicken Hawk Racing is a division of CHR Inc., Custom Heaters & Research. The company specializes in heating applications that are challenging beyond tire warmers supplying the US Military, Con Edison Power Authority and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. This experience as heating company (not body work, stands and rear sets) combined with fact that they are racers themselves and work directly with the Tire Engineers, the CHR team has developed not only a blanket that gets hot, it performs as the Tire Manufacturers desire.

Chicken Hawk is the only company that has been contracted to build branded Tire Warmers for Dunlop, Pirelli, Michelin and Bridgestone. This not only illustrates the confidence the tire manufacturers have in the CHR brand, it is the product they are recommending be used to ensure that their race tires perform properly.

Having pioneered Tire Warmers in the USA (CHR started in 1993), they have led the way in terms of technology and advancement with the other brands gladly copying their innovation- Hotter tire warmers than were built before (all used to be about 130F), Dual Stage operating lights, serpentine heating element, variable temperature tire warmers, Digital Tire Warmers and even having the Black exterior on the chain side! And now of course the new Chicken Wrap wheel insulators for the most extreme weather conditions.

Being the only USA company manufacturing Tire Warmers, having an in house repair department and a “Trade in Policy” which allows for old sets to get a $100 credit/discount towards a new model. Anyone who would choose another brand may simply not know all the facts.

8. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

The heating element, insulation, temperature control system and casing are in essence what you are buying when you purchase a tire warmers. The CHR brand is head and shoulders above the competition when it comes to the materials and build quality of the product.

The heating element is a metal alloy and designing this is key for how quickly it heats up and how well it takes the constant folding and bending that is part of a Tire Warmers life. CHR designs their own proprietary heating element (made in the USA) and it is intentionally one that doesn’t get blazing hot in 60 seconds because the tire and the chemicals inside it wouldn’t appreciate that. As for being handled and folded, there is a reason you can see CHR warmers 10+ years old being used at any paddock. (CHR’s serial numbers are like tires 2 digit week and 2 digit year, so 0107 is the first week of January 2007)

For the record, my first set of CHR warmers were made in 1997. I bought them used in 06. I sent the front in to be repaired once in '07 it cost $25 for fix. I traded in a 12 year-old but serviceable set in 09 and got $100 off a new set. will any other company do that?

9. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

So if I understand you correctly, my guess would be that you like Chicken Hawk warmers.:Poke: