1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire question for a newb.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Hoover765, Sep 3, 2019.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Don’t switch to a twin. Engine braking on an in-line 3/4 is much less dramatic than on a twin.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Soooo, the real question is: Is this your pride and joy very pretty street bike? If so, your first move should be to go buy a cheap already set up track bike that won't make you cry if you crash it. The issue you have been talking about and the description of your awareness of what you're actually doing on the bike indicate to me that a crash is a distinct possibility in the near future. Not trying to scare you, crashes are just part of the deal at the racetrack. But in this part of your learning curve you might as well lower your financial risk with an inexpensive bike. There is an SV650 track bike in the Chicago area for sale right now for $1300.00 : http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...en1-street-track-bike-2k-chicago-area.362133/

3. Hoover765

Hoover765 whats broome?

Yes this is my baby. I grew up racing atvs and dirtbikes, so Im verrrry familiar with crashing. Its not if, its when. I've been looking for Daytonas for quite some time. I've played with the idea of ditching the street triple and getting a bonneville for the street and a used daytona for the track. Ive even considered going track only. People everywhere seem to be getting worse and worse on the road.

Soo yeah. I will be looking heavily into a track bike come winter time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a learned bad habit from the dirt. Going from roadracing to the dirt I have some shit habits that don't transfer from one craft to the other. Slowly working on each one individually to break myself of them.

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Get on YT and lookup Yamaha Champions Rider School and watch their videos. They have some good stuff on there. Ken Hill, also a YCRS instructor, has plenty to watch and listen to, as well.