1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire carts? Where to get 'em?

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Jun 27, 2017.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Lazy Destroyer likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm one cheap SOB (come look at my pit setup some time), and trust me- like a an H or Y brand generator, the Foldit cart is worth the premium price. Hard to find used, but if you can it's almost guaranteed you'll be able to sell it for what you paid whenever you want.

3. backbone

backbone scarred for life

They have the aluminum fold up carts at Northern for $200 iirc

Or, for cheap bastard (like me) I bought the fold up canvas one from Sams for $60. It's not as big or as durable or stable. But if you aren't endurance racing it works great.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Hey concrete guy...... skip the cart and just bring a wheel barrow.

Metalhead likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

[​IMG]

6. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

I also have a bicycle trailer made for cargo not toddlers off craigslist for $20 and it works great. 3 years and counting.

7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:crackup: I spend millions of $ on motorcycle crap, but for some reason, a $250 cart is insane to me.

I think i'd rather buy more spare rims and do all my tire changes at home with my new pneumatic changer before a track wknd than drop $250 for a glorified shopping cart. :confused:

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

What if I told you .. you can hook that shopping cart up to a pit scooter like a Zuma - and carry more than just tires with it?

:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There's an idea! Just steal a shopping cart from the local shop-n-save.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Anyone used this one? For the price I'm tempted to give this one a go.

I made the mistake of borrowing a FoldIt cart for use on my bicycle... and now I'm spoiled and never want to carry a rim ever again :(

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Coming home from Poker last night and saw this on the curb up the street for today's trash... I reversed it and threw that baby in the back... Original Foldit from Spokane WA. Think I might Pimp it out this weekend....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/DunQ4cXymQK6trGeA

Attached Files:

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I'm have quite a hard time dropping $250 on a folding cart. Any recent developments for alternatives? That bicycle cart is no longer available .

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Honestly, it's a pretty legit option. Works great, folds up nicely for storage. It's like a Pit Bull trailer restraint or good generator - you might hem and haw about spending the money, but afterwards you wished you had done it sooner.

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

gettyimages-1019293010-612x612.jpg

make it happen... id rather carry that shit and walk

minimalist packing strategy

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Nice. I ended up buying a Foldit cart and the tow hitch thingy that allows you to attach it to a bicycle. I'm gonna rig up a place on my chinese grom to mount it and tow the cart around.

JBowen33, TLR67 and pfhenry like this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I race a clapped out SV and my 2 4-wheeled vehicles have an average of 300K miles on them, so you have an idea how cheap I am... I have no regrets buying the Foldit cart or my Yamaha generator.

JBowen33 likes this.
  17. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

This is how it’s done properly :flag:

Attached Files:

Kyle Brosius, TLR67 and TurboBlew like this.
  18. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Just curious, how strong does that extension feel? No problems when the trailer is loaded? I’d love to see a closer picture of the attachment point on the Grom.

19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

That says a lot. I guess I wouldn't be able to appreciate the quality buy without having one myself. But from the outside looking in it just seems ridiculous