1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tips preparing myself for first race day

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by jiffyzx6, Jan 18, 2011.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I feel like sex within 24-36 hours before takes away drive. I thought that was why sports coaches didn't like players to have 'relations' the day or 2 days before games.

2. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

see ill be fine then! I should have a stock pile of drive lmao

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not a performance thing. It's a safety issue. You need to get some damn sleep before that first race weekend. :D

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Dudes sleep like a log after they get some sex. It should be recommended. ;)

(Just not Zippy, he brags too much about it and then no one will sleep)

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, it does cause an immediate coma.

6. jiffyzx6

so papa, what your saying is I need to get laid for the safety of my self and others at the track... any girls want to help keep racing safe for everyone? lmao I'm joking

7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

you can post a "donations" thread to get you a hooker :D

ill chip in 5$

8. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I don't think your joking but that's a good way of being polite. You need to find some track rabbits.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

There's such a killer joke here just dying to get out....but I can't:tut:

I'll just say a hint is in the dungeon:crackup:

10. jiffyzx6

say it lol

11. High Side

High Side When you see God....brake

Something you might think about doing prior to your race.....get away from you pit. Take a walk and watch some of the races. If your bike is ready to go......it's ready to go. I have noticed when I walk away from my pit and check out the some of the races, my heartbeat slows and my blood pressure drops.

Watching the mini's going around the track makes you remember you are out there to have fun and compete (notice the fun first because if you're not, then what the hell are you doing this for)?

Make sure you stay hydrated, don't eat hot wings the night before like Chumbucket did (http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=264356 post #9), make sure you go to the bathroom BEFORE you put your leathers on (for some reason when you have to go, your leathers shrink about 4 sizes).

12. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

+1 Takin a dump with boots and leathers on sucks.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes but the nervous shits always starts after the leathers are on:crackup:

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I usually have to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep as I am too amped up the day before a race. Take a comfy chair with you at the track so you can catch a cat nap during the looooong day! You will spend lots of time sitting around, so make sure you are comfy during your down time so you will be able to relax. People who don't race don't understand how mentally tiring racing is. You need to relax your brain during the down time too...

15. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Might sound silly, but something that always helped me was having a pee bottle (bigarse gatorade bottle) accessible(enclosed trailer rocked for this). If one is like most, its inevitable that the nerves will make one have too pee when its last call to grid up. Having that option takes away just that much more stress. It was part of my ritual to use it as late as possible before each race(last call).

Still do it to this day just before mtb racing.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  16. Hyper08

Hyper08 Well-Known Member

Maybe we need a "Top ten list of to prepare yourself for a race"

#10 Take a walk to chill out and relax
    #9 Bring comfy chair to catnap in
    #8 Bring immodium
    #7 Excercise
    #6 Keep readily available pee bottle in trailer
    #5 Write grid positions down
    #4 Dring lots of fluids to stay hydrated (maybe we should move the pee bottle up the list)
    #3 Don't eat chicken wings the night before your race
    #2 Take your crap before putting on leathers and boots but before peeing in a bottle in the trailer

...and the #1 thing to do to prepare for your first race is....

Have really good sex the night before!

17. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

While taping the grip position on the bike somewhere you'll see it..if you haven't already, tape over the speedo. Knowing this info is totally irrelevant and can be a distraction at the worst time.

Racing is lots of 'small edges' over the other guy. Here's another..
    Eat like an athlete. Meaning besides staying hydrated(which starts days before), have a good breakfast thats not too heavy(for me, thats means no sausage biscuits or the like. usually granola/cereal bars, bowl of cereal/milk, whatever. and not later then 2 hours before practice! your body needs time to process it. it'll slow you down otherwise) and early, like as soon as I wake up. This will also prompt most to have that early morning crap, so its done with for the day(hopefully). Then later when your going thru the prep ritual for the race itself(and practice for that matter) since bonking sucks...eat something light and efficient like a Power Gu(gel type performance packet, being my favorite since it processes fast w no solid proteins to have to breakdown), powerbar, power drink mix(like Acceleraid, Endurox, etc), no sooner then about 15 minutes before practice/grid time.
    This stuff..

http://www.guenergy.com/products

http://www.accelsport.com/product-info/EnduroxR4-fruit-punch-info.html

And try to channel/control that nervousness. Remember, everyone is dealing with the same emotions. Let it be their problem, not yours. It will wear you out mentally and physically that much faster if you don't. =another small edge.

And I think no sex the days prior makes some riders that much more motivated to race hard/meaner. I think it does for me at least.

18. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Don't get caught up in the Fuster Cluck that happens in turn 1. Wait a few races until you dive head first into that mosh pit...

19. jiffyzx6

now that my first race has been canceled... :( ill have plenty of time to relax and learn more. plus after this thread, I'm not stressed anymore (or drastically reduced) thanks to all of your comments/advice. the bikes 99% done just finishing up the front right caliper rebuild and shes good to go. might even be able to get my quick shifter now.

o and that list is good but may have to move things around a bit (still working on #1 lmao). but I'm gona print it out and tape it to my door, who knows it might help lol