1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tinitus

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Sep 27, 2020.

1. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate that I only have it in my left ear but like someone else said, it's so bad that I've had dark thoughts on occasion. I can't go to sleep without the TV on. When I'm close to falling asleep, I'll set the TV timer to 1/2 hour.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Can’t you get hearing aids that pipe in sound to cover it up? I’ve got tinnitus in my left ear at some point will go that route but I have about 30 years until then and maybe they’ll figure something out to fix it

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As the ol' saying goes......

"If it's too loud, you're too old."

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I blame van Halen

cav115, Razr and vfrket like this.
  6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I blame Ministry and my FZR 400 with a full D&D shorty in the red limiter.

I did a hearing test on the intragores and I can't hear shit last 10 300 Hz. Human average is 14 000. Fack. And I consider myself an audiophile lol

motoracer1100 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I haven't done a test, but I cannot decipher some of what the blonde woman says when there is a lot of background noise. It isn't all bad.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

I Put the tapping vid in the government prescribed section

post 17674

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

took 20 posts for that... the Beeb is slippin.

Whaaaaat!

Ski

Phl218 likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

If you have neck issues I found that a chiropractor can make the ringing in my ears go down a bit and stress makes it go up but I have found nothing to make it go away. My right ear is fine but my left is at 30% and rings constantly. No dark thoughts but if the tinnitis is bad I am much less pleasant than normal.

11. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Never started wearing ear plugs tell I was in my mid 30s. By then it was too late, can remember as a kid in the late 70s & 80s that the feeling of your ears ringing for a couple of days after seeing a band was so cool. I almost think I enjoyed it. That and Kawsaki 2-smoke air cooled triples did it for me.

Got tested in the late nighties, freaking doctor prescribed me Xannax. For me background noise is a must, ceiling fan at home. If traveling I like to have a small tablet play youtube videos of rain or snowstorms for 8 hour. Try channel "The Relaxed Guy" works for me.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I listen to rain sounds while sleeping.
    Maybe that's why I'm up 6 times during the night to take a leak.

Rebel635 and Phl218 like this.
  13. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Never in my life have I used essential oils. It makes me wonder just how essential they really are.

Shenanigans likes this.
  14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

:crackup:

15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Lana!!!

Meeep.....maaaap....

I think I got lucky. I know I’ve lost some high frequency hearings range from y dumb days of working with jet engines with no ear pro. Billy bad ass.

now I hate driving with open window or any sort of loud prolonged noise. It’s like my brain is extra sensitive to demaging noise.
    I don’t get ringing but once in a while it’ll just all of a sudden go Eeeeeee! For a few seconds.

ChemGuy likes this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You need a more powerful amp.... 500x2 did it for me!

17. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

I find that trout helps mine, Walter Trout, very loud.

Sometimes I can ignore it but a quiet place indoors can just about drive me nuts.

18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Mine is high pitched but I'm similar in that I show no significant hearing loss. Stress makes it more noticeable.

I really sympathize with the car windows down thing. Especially just one window down. If someone rolls down just one of the rear windows in an SUV I have a rage that builds almost instantly.

Photo likes this.
  19. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

don't waste your money on the flare audio crap, like I just did.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Thanks, I was wondering if that helped at all.