1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Times Square "attack"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, May 20, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

AND her 13 yo sister was seriously injured as well. The deranged savage had at least two prior DUI's and was feeling suicidal.......I'm not so sure I'm ready to link his lunacy to PTSD.....I'll call BS to that but won't be surprised to see his family and attorney go for it. I mean, we have Libtards claiming PTSD after merely shooting a rifle these days, so why not. :rolleyes:

Because this snowflake couldn't cope with life, a beautiful young lady who's life hadn't even begun yet is dead and her younger sister is seriously injured........prayers and condolences to the family of all injured.

On a side note, I just read another article where another lifer is being released from prison, yeaaa tell me again how life sentences are tougher than capital punishment. Better yet, explain it to their victims families.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Ian178 and SPL170db like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Are there stats on how many people being released from prison for violent crimes are actually "rehabilitated" and capable of re-entering society without becoming repeat offenders. I thought I remember reading somewhere that the percentage of repeat offenders was ridiculously high in our penal system.

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Without actually checking, I want to say it is over 90%.

5. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

A study of prisoners released from 30 states in 2005 showed about 71% of violent offenders were re-arrested. Don't remember if that was within 1 year or within the 5year span of the study. Probably the whole 5 years.

And that's for new crimes, not for something like parole violation or pissing hot on a drug test.

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

If the bad guys were actually locked up, violent crimes would (almost) disappear. I guarantee Chicago's crime stats would look a hell of a lot different.

Ian178 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

You could always take the lib approach and make everything legal. No crimes. No arrest. No prison. Crime rate zero. Problem solved. LOL

XFBO likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wait. You want more incarcerations?

Wouldn't you consider that since the incarceration rate being already so high in the US that perhaps the problem(s) and the solution(s) lie elsewhere?...

sheepofblue likes this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There is one sure fire fix for recidivism.

Actually, no, that's not true. There's lethal injection, firing squad, cyanide gas, hanging,....

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

As far as crime is concerned, there are statistics and there are damn statistics or whatever the saying is. The numbers can be arranged to get whatever answer one wants. Years ago a criminal that got his ass caught, and was sent to prison, was either rehabbed and truly changed his ways but mostly those people got out of prison not wanting to anything that would send them back to the hellhole of prison. They were truly afraid of the place. Then the feelgood thought process became involved. Prisoner rights, Tv, Easy peasy, three hots and a cot that actually became a better and healthier way of life than what many of them had on the outside. I'm not sure that what we have today is the right answer but I, like most people, don't know what the real answer is.:(

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Bullets.jpg

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What is over 90%? Rehabilitation or repeat offender? :D

Looks like you might have read this.....

National Statistics on Recidivism

Bureau of Justice Statistics studies have found high rates of recidivism among released prisoners. One study tracked 404,638 prisoners in 30 states after their release from prison in 2005.[1] The researchers found that:

• Within three years of release, about two-thirds (67.8 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested.
    • Within five years of release, about three-quarters (76.6 percent) of released prisoners were rearrested.
    • Of those prisoners who were rearrested, more than half (56.7 percent) were arrested by the end of the first year.
    • Property offenders were the most likely to be rearrested, with 82.1 percent of released property offenders arrested for a new crime compared with 76.9 percent of drug offenders, 73.6 percent of public order offenders and 71.3 percent of violent offenders.
    https://www.nij.gov/topics/corrections/recidivism/Pages/welcome.aspx

Possibly, but Democrats won't tackle that topic with the vast majority of their constituents.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Cutting social programs to support neighborhoods that breed criminals would help, for a start.
    Do it for the children.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Recidivism Rate for DEAD Offenders......ZERO...NADA...Zippo.

thrak410, crashman and XFBO like this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

IMO neither. We should never let some folks out but we also ruin the lives of people by having to many laws.