1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time for new street tires on the S1Krr

Discussion in 'General' started by Gixxerguy855, May 7, 2018.

1. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

at COTA the Dunlop guy told me the 200/55 Q3+ wasn’t out yet and the RS10’s do not get very good mileage ( but great grip). Any good reviews for a grippy weekend street tire? (Forged wheels so 200).

Thanks.

2. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Bstone S21. Or Pirelli SP if you don't care about wear.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Didn't know the Q3+ was coming out in a 200/55. I thought they were done updating that model now since someone mentioned they are coming out with a Q4 soon.

4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Metzeler Racetech RR K3's for something similar to a V2 or the M7rr which is similar to a Q3 but has the steeper race like profile. Both come in 200/55

5. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I'm partial to the Pirelli Diablo rosso corsas for street tires.

kiggy74, metricdevilmoto and JBowen33 like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I like the metzeler me888.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

You would be fine with a 190.
    Since it is a streetbike looks mater, I would put the new fatty Pirelli SP V3 200/60 that comes in the new Panigale.

8. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

He doesn't want to run a 190 because with the forged wheels the DTC is calibrated for the 200. You can change this with the RCK3 or ISTA at home/dealer.

rafa and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  9. heytchap

heytchap Well-Known Member

I reaaaaaally love my Bridgestone Battlax S21s for street on my Daytona 675.

I run Q3s on my R3 and they’re okay; I also ran them on my Daytona but absolutely hated them.

I’d give the S21s a look if you haven’t yet.

Kyle Brosius and Odilup like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....so that's what they look like? And it does say 200/55 as an option.

Street legal tires are just getting less and less tread these days lol. These almost look like they have less siping than the GP-A Pro's

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 12.58.11 PM.png

BigBird and rafa like this.
  11. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they plan on keeping the Q3/+ around as a street tire and selling this as a track focused tire? I don't remember the Q3 being billed as a "purpose built track day tire"

bored&stroked likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not sure, I have a feeling the Q3 will be phased out just as the Q2 was before it. I don't think Dunlop still actively produces them, maybe just old stock running out. I figured that's why they've had these discount rebates going on for a few weeks now on the Q3+, trying to get rid of old stock before the Q4 comes along. Just speculating here of course.

13. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Doesn't look like many sizes in the Q4 though. Nothing smaller than the 180 in the rear?

14. codyjphoto

codyjphoto Well-Known Member

The Pirelli diablo corsas only achieved 1600 street miles for me per rear tire. about about 2000 for the front.
    The Q3 is a fantastic tire for the street, I run a 190/55 as my bike will calibrate for this tire change if you run the short little program to do so. (1299s)

Pirelli is a hell of a tire but way more expensive than the Q3. Not that any of this is of any use, information wise.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

With the Q3 they didn't release the smaller bike tires until like a year later.

16. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The Q3+ isn't very old. When the Q3 was released they did the same rebate as the Q3+ has going right now and that was when it was brand new.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

damn...no 160/60 17 Q4 love for the 650 folks

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Pirelli is currently offering a $50 rebate on street spec rubber and your friendly, local trackside Pirelli race tire vendor can put you on a set of DRCs for A LOT cheaper than you think.

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

And we'll have a brand new rear tire size out in a bit for Dunlop to copy...

Gorilla George and MachineR1 like this.
  20. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Dunlop has a new profile tire being released next round I believe.