1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time for a new beer

Discussion in 'General' started by oilslinger, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

For those that like a good hefeweisen, try the Goose Bay "Urban Wheat Ale". It a Chicago beer and it is really good.

2. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

Had one last night, not even close to the same.

Turning back a Lagunitas New Dog Town right now, pretty dang good for an IPA

3. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Good call right here. This also is on my list of regulars.

Just picked up a 6er of Ballast Point Session IPA and they're pretty good. I'm over the whole IPA craze and mega hop beers, but I got introduced to a session beer last summer (it was 4 String IIRC), and I've been enjoying them ever since. Session beers are typically lower in ABV (under 5% or so) so they aren't as heavy handed with the hops and can be enjoyed by the dozen if desired. :D

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

2.27 in the afternoon and I read this with Stella in the fridge:beer::D

5. caferace

caferace No.

Slacker. :Poke:

-jim

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale is not a hefeweizen; it's an American wheat style which lacks the clear yeast-induced clove/banana character of weizenbiers. This style was piloted by Anchor, and then drove Widmer's growth. Pretty modest flavors -- basically a pale yellow ale with some crispness and not a lot of fruitiness.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you are in a fruit mood and can find it - Shiner Ruby Redbird.

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Whatever the hell it is, it's good.

10. oilslinger

See you haven't read all my posts.. :Poke: :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No I didn't, I just skimmed the thread. Saw you've had the Bock and went from there.

12. oilslinger

I tried it, it's not bad but too much ginger for me.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ginger? Fruit? Chocolate? Lemon aid? Bunch of froo froo beer sipping panty wearers on the BBS anymore. Oh, let's go to starsmucks and get a half caf mocha latte with extra man foam before we shop for pleated lime green culottes and beetle convertibles.

You make cannoli sick!

14. oilslinger

Better than that margarita flavored bud light crap.

I'm goin to drink my lagunitas now, as soon as I can get my wife to bring it to me.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Here is a fruit beer that will grow hair on your chest:

Attached Files:

16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

"craft" beer has almost nothing to do w/ the type of beer that is made. really, it only depends on quantity and ownership of the brewery. plenty of craft breweries make everything from light lagers to syrupy dark stouts. hell, Sam Adams is still a craft brewery.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Here ya go...it's great when it's ice cold...just don't let it warm up...then it's like cardboard in a can.

[​IMG]