1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Eboz! I love your idea. It’s a great way to help grow the grids for sure.

@Chris corven - Your bike will now be more competitive in V6HW w/o having those massive 1286’s out there!

Hopefully we can get some of the AHRMA crowd to come out and play without worrying about fitting in to a class. VMD at Mid Ohio could see 15+ bikes.

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

BAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHAAAA!!!!
    Do I know you?

Steven

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Nope , but I couldn’t resist ... just thought it was funny

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Awesome that made you laugh.
    Tell you what.
    Next week I will start a thread about all the shit people mess with me about and then everyone can have a chance to have a go at me.
    Or anyone can start a thread about me.
    But for this thread let stay focused on what the goal is.
    That's getting more racers on grid in vintage.
    Let's not turn this thread into anything about me like what happens every time I reply to a thread.
    Thanks

Steven

5. Chris corven

Chris corven Member

It sounds great V6HW cant wait to get out there and go. Cant wait to see the WERA schedule for next year so I can start planning

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

7. Chris corven

Chris corven Member

Thanks looks like north central region is going to be fun for me.

8. Chris corven

Chris corven Member

Here is a question kinda off topic sorry BOZ. But what did you guys use for a oil catch under your engine on the GSXR 750. Or did ya fab up something to fit inside the bottom fairing

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Chris, are you going to paint your 750 like the one in your avatar pic that you used to race in the 80's ?????????

Chris corven likes this.
  10. Chris corven

Chris corven Member

Yes waiting for two new pieces from Airtech. why do think it would be a bad Ideal?

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No way is that a bad idea!! That awesome!!!

Chris corven likes this.
  12. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

The quick solution is to cram an aluminum turkey baster pan inside the stock fairing. Most folks will close up the holes in the lower and build a dam across the inside back of the fairing with fiberglass.

Good luck!

13. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

If anyone knows anyone that would be interested in buying my V5 kz650, I promise I'll start building a V6/V7HW tomorrow...:D

Attached Files:

Chris corven likes this.
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

That damn Brad Coleman is gonna have me on a 96 SRAD 750 next year. I have back surgery in January will be released to race in mid April, early May. So part of my physical therapy/recovery will be converting this street bike to a race bike.

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Chris, I use a lower that I get from SharkSkinz. It basically slides inside both the lowers then you can rivet it in place or glass it in. I'll get the part number but I believe it was originally designed for the 900 Ducati.

SpeedyE and VFR#52 like this.
  16. Outsider V6 V7

Gary, you realize these are big boy classes. LOL That Coleman kid is good for contributing to peoples motorcycle racing addictions. Good luck with the surgery. Eboz

VFR#52 and Shenanigans like this.
  17. Outsider V6 V7

Kevin Calloway, now you understand this is WERA not AHRMA which means the red Barron Detroit Honda you have stashed in the corner of the garage is legal to bump up. Assuming you think you're man enough. LOL

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I will be a grid filler. Thanks for the good wishes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

+1

I haven't raced WERA vintage yet, but this idea reminds me of the AHRMA/Rio Bravo Motocross old school reunion event. They always had a big turnout because there was food, music, a bike show, movies on the big screen, and racing. Maybe WERA could reserve a vintage area at a few events and if it takes off then do it for every event.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Now That's a Great Ideal.

Steven