1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ok gotcha.Thanks

2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

we're beginning to see some interest in V6 and V7 HW classes. At Roebling we had Lance Yeager come out of retirement on his 1990 GSXR and had two people cross over from AHRMA both of which had a great time. This weekend Chris Corven went through riders school on his 86gsxr at Nelson ledges. He's racing today so hopefully his participation will increase visibility and interest from our Northern brethren. Still several down south and up north planning to get into this year.
    [​IMG]

3. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I'll be back with a Spondon or Nico Bakker TZ750.

Harry V. III likes this.
  4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I haven't read this whole thread... but have a quick question (and I haven't look at the rulebook yet)... where does my 87 Yamaha FZR750RT fall into for vintage classes???
    V6HW? V7HW?

5. TZRusty

TZRusty Well-Known Member

I believe both.

evakat likes this.
  6. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

@Mongo we are not doing V7 the 7/18-19 RRR round correct? Just wanna be sure so I know if I bring the 51.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell I can't remember - I know V8 for sure and I though I was doing V7 at everything, just nothing below that. Gimme a few and I'll try to find it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay - it's just V8 every weekend, so with that Roebling being an Endurance and a single header sprints on Sunday no V7HW or lower.

9. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    Chris corven, britx303, RRP and 3 others like this.
  10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Ok guys...
    WERA is at PittRace the 9/12-9/13 weekend... with N2 hold a Friday trackday on 9/11.
    If my suspension get back in time from Metric Devil Moto... I am think of bringing my FZR750RT for both events...
    What all classes will my 750 fall into?

11. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Because reading Chapter 11 of the Rulebook is way too hard...:Poke:V6Heavyweight (if pre-1992) and bump up to V7Heavyweight.

Regards,
    Chad

evakat likes this.
  12. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I looked on the schedule and there is only V8 listed so maybe thats what he is asking?

13. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I knew V6HW AND V7HW.
    Any other classes she hall into?

14. britx303

Modern HW(750s)and the Senior HW........too many years at ccs, so I forget what they’re called in WERA. I’d run it there

15. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Sorry...didn't mean to come across as too much of a jerk.
    As Britx stated B Superbike and Senior if you're old enough also V8 Heavyweight...Formula 1 and A Superbike if you're feeling froggy.

16. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

No problem.
    I used to run a FZR400 years ago... I knew all its classes.
    Just trying to figure out what all classes I can run this 750?

britx303 likes this.
  17. SRE462

SRE462 Member

I don't mean to mess up this post, but I am looking for an 91 or 92 ZX7 so that I can race in these classes with your group. In case anyone knows of a Zx7 racebike for sale....thanks in advance.

evakat likes this.
  18. britx303

There’s nothing more fun and satisfying then racing FZRs in modern classes. I’ve even raced my stock 400 in MW a couple times. Finished near the back but dropped serious time latching on to newer 600’s, so I truly didn’t care where I placed......somehow didn’t get last. I’d imagine a 750 would be even better! Lucky dog!!

evakat likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally screwed that up sorry! Updated schedule will be online later today and I'll get pre entry fixed as well.

evakat likes this.
  20. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Mongo...
    Schedule looks like only thw 2 endurance racing for Sat.
    And all the sprint races on Sunday.
    Can we tech our bikes on Sat morning for the Sunday races?