1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week's Pit Bull fatalities:

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Repo Man 32, Dec 21, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

"Pit bull" is used like "assault rifle" by the media. It works better as a headline than "poodle bites child"...

If the bubblewrappers of society want to ban all dogs that can potentially kill a child there is a long list that they will need to ban.

G2G and badmoon692008 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Big old lazy bulldogs have a stronger bite that pit bulls (depending on which list you read but still).

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

There's quite a few dogs that can generate more psi behind their bites than a typical pit bull, the aforementioned English Mastiff I spoke of being one of them. Generally bigger/heavier dogs do that......it has more to do with what is going on between the dog's ears than what's going on between its jaws.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Amazing how size matters :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'd rather take on Tony Soprano than any Joe Pesci character, though. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's cuz you're too skinny. Pesci I could punt like a chihuahua, Gandolfini could just fall on you and crush you :D

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In what fantasy would Pesci be coming at you unarmed? If you're lucky, he has a gun. But this is most likely happening with a barstool or a baseball bat. And there's very little chance that you know the first blow is coming.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're right on being armed, although if I'm in the movie with him I should be too. Just like little crazy ass dogs I'm always aware if they're remotely close to me, no way in hell I'd take my eyes off that fucker :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also he gets really lucky with the blow, him with a barstool isn't a concern, a bat slightly more so. But I did grow up with girls so protecting my nuts is my first instinct.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Man, not even you have that much fat protecting your knees. :D

And I've seen video of a small guy decking Suge Knight with one punch outside a Hollywood club.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My knees always hurt but that's one of the bat more so things. A barstool to the knees won't do it. Suge must have had a glass jaw, I've been sucker punched and it never did much more than piss me off. May have been the angles or the like tho, never been a big fist fight person so it didn't happen more than 2-3 times.

FWIW the knees are close enough to the balls that they get protection using basically the same moves since someone going for your knees looks like they're going for your nuts :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I had him approaching you from behind with the bat. With the barstool, I was thinking more of a situation where he would be up on a chair, or something, but still from behind. Remember, we're talking Joe Pesci here, not fair fight. He doesn't announce himself. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Even from above a barstool spreads out the impact, it's a really bad weapon. Bat is much much better. Quieter too.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Get out of this feelsie thread with your damn logic and, like, facts and stuff! There's no room for that here!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

18. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

I agree. . . . I live in NH every winter. They walk their dogs on the property here all the time. Irish setters, collies, beagles, retrievers, terriers etc. Not a single pitfall have I seen. The minute I get back to Worcester Massachusetts its Pit Bull City. The breed of ghetto. They even mate them in supermarket parking lots.

19. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Sad people are still ignorant and judging a dog by its looks or breed.....you have no idea what a loyal, loving breed they are. I have owned 8 German shepards and they would bite anyone that steped foot in my house..not my pits. They are less prone to bite than any small breed dog.. fact

and to the NH guy....there are no ghettos in NH LOLOL so you may want to go to the dog park there are pits there...

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you been to Manchester or Nashua lately?