1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This seemed like the next logical step...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by (diet)DrThunder, Oct 16, 2009.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

The Rape Tunnel

Author: Please describe the project.

Artist: In the 4D Gallery main room, I’ve constructed a 22 ft tunnel out of plywood that leads into the project room. There is no way in or out of the project room except for this tunnel. As you travel through the tunnel, it gets smaller and smaller, making it so that you have to crawl and put yourself in a submissive position in order to reach the tunnel’s destination. At the end of the tunnel the subject will find me waiting in the project room and I’ll try to the best of my ability to overpower and rape the person who crawls through.​

(there is a companion article I'll post later)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LMAO, crawl into my tunnel and I'll rape you. Seriously???!!!! WTF? Holy shit.....That guys is out of his mind. Wonder if he built it with a government grant.....

"At the end of the tunnel the subject will find me waiting in the project room and I’ll try to the best of my ability to overpower and rape the person who crawls through."

"Why rape?

Because as an artistic gesture, it’s one of the most impactful I can think of.
    "

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I bet this guy is a stunta....

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:crackup: Hey man, it's a sport!

5. (diet)DrThunder

Quoted from artlurker.com:

I started to think differently about my work. In 2007 at the Seward Projects Space in Columbus, I had my first breakthrough with an installation that was to be the prototype for this current one. It was called THE PUNCH-YOU-IN-THE-FACE TUNNEL. It was the same set-up as THE RAPE TUNNEL except at the end of the tunnel I’d punch the subject in the face instead of raping him or her. The impetus was completely reactionary to the current state of art, and motivated by pure frustration.

As it turns out, I ended up breaking the nose of the third person to crawl through the tunnel, an aspiring model. She went to the hospital and eventually sued me. Her modeling career was put on hold. The civil case was long and drawn out and the matter still hasn’t been resolved. To this day she still has unpaid medical bills. The point of this long aside is that all this took place two years ago, and I’m still having an impact on this young lady’s life, something not many other artists could claim about their work.

Rape seemed like the next logical step.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I know some folks who could pay a visit and it can be renamed the 'CSI Crime Scene Tunnel'.

"C'mon kids - make your way through and try to figure out what happened to 'ol Jackson Pollock Jr. here....watch your step.....slippery stuff ahead"

7. (diet)DrThunder

If you read the disclaimer and are informed of the purpose of the tunnel, and you go in anyway, is it still rape?

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Dunno....if you read the disclaimer and are informed of the purpose of the tunnel, and you go in anyway, are there still bonus points for a good grouping?

9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

You know there will be people who enter. Personally, I would send in a Rottweiler. A pissed one.

10. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

It is fake......tunnel is a wind tunnel. Dude is a whacko no doubt though.

11. (diet)DrThunder

Ya, that was the follow-up post that I was speaking of. The idea is to start a conversation about the various implications (consent, art, silliness, etc.)

Thanks for clearing it up though. :)

12. theNEOone

theNEOone Banned

This guy is hilarious. This guy is seriously deranged, but incredibly funny at the same time.

=|

13. Czolgosz

Czolgosz Banned

As long as taxes aren't paying for this shit... awesome.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Only one way in/out you say?
    Made of plywood you say?

I have lighter fluid and a match. Oh, and I'm an artist so it's O.K.

15. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

A man's gotta know his limitations.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Im not an attorney (thank God) but I would have to think that it now becomes consensual since they read the disclaimer and know the intent of the so-called artist. I'd be willing to bet that the dude's GF or BF will play the innocent bystander who doesn’t believe it'll happen just to add to the effect.

Hey, if this imbecile votes , scary thought in itself, which way do yall think he leans? :D

17. theNEOone

theNEOone Banned

18. (diet)DrThunder

Yes, it's not real...still (read the whole thread :)

19. vance

vance *

"None of it mattered to anyone outside of our small and insignificant circle of peers."

I think he's brilliant:up:
    I'm guessing he came to the realization that his art doesn't really matter.
    Now, is he trying to convey that message to other artists so they'll step back into "our" reality, or is he trying to push them forward into ideas that could physically impact peoples' lives????

Weird dude, for sure, but I see his point.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn good question.

Reminds me of something they taught us in Armed Guard and Civilian Carry class. They said the shooting someone is not self defense if you invited the conflict. I was confused as to what he meant and basically he explained it as you telling someone you are in conflict, "come on... you're a badass... bring it." Then you start fighting and getting your ass kicked then you decide to pull your gun and shoot him. That is not legal self defense.

Basically, if you ask to get your ass kicked then don't get pissed when it does get kicked. :D