1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This hgad GOT to be on the MSM, it fits their agenda...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by K51000, Aug 19, 2019.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

This is an honest question. I thought if they lived on tribal land then that’s considered their own country basically so they wouldn’t vote in our elections? Yay nay? I’m not sure but interesting topic.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Something seems a little fishy. When I vote I have to go to my polling place which is near where I live. That way when I vote I only get to choose my local candidates for which I am entitled to vote for. Do the N Dakota polls work different? If I have to mail in my votes it still goes to the same polling place.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Are they in anyway "Exempt" from any laws by living where they do?? if so then there is that...Exemption comes with Exemptions.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Reading the article, ANYONE who has a PO box instead of a physical address is having this issue. But, yeah, play the race card. :rolleyes:

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Straighten out the tax issues on Native American lands, then I’ll worry about their voting rights.

Lanceabillion likes this.
  7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

At some point in time, they were made citizens, hence with all rights and privileges. Not sure of exact date (too lazy to google), but bet it is 25 years plus/minus of when they ceased being seen as domestic enemies and became useful cannon fodder.

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

They're still citizens of the U.S., for the one's with proper tribal registration, it's seems to be a sort of bizarre dual citizenship type of deal.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I think you would be incorrect. I have read stories about how people wanted to treat indians differently when the civil war was won and amendments created.

The article reads VERY one sided so I take it with a grain of salt but if accurate there is a problem that needs to be fixed in ND. Easy answer is accept Tribal ID which would seem very reasonable. The PO box thing is another issue, maybe force the postal service to deliver on the reservation....

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Or the tribal governments could actually come into the 18th century and plat and record parcels and assign them addresses...

Lanceabillion likes this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not saying this is fact, but is it possible the tribe doesn't allow the USPS to deliver?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doubt it has anything to do with tribal lands and more likely USPS policy, they're not going to run a mailman for three houses at the end of a 40 mile road for example, on or off the res.

14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yes. I am doing business with 4 tribes now and 3 do not allow UPS/Fedex/USPS to go to homes. They drop at the tribal council building or post office and then the residents come and pick it up.

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Lucky guess on my part. Before this thread, I never cared enough to speckalate.

16. sheepofblue

Stuff like that is why I dislike articles that are so obviously slanted propaganda. To a reader of intelligence the first thing that jumps out is the not recognizing Tribal ID the second is why do they have PO boxes in so much higher numbers than other folks in ND. Both are key points of the article but the reporter just parroted what some 'activist' probably few them.

17. sheepofblue

I suspect they still have addresses though. I think telling the fire truck to go to Little Bear's down past where John Sparrow's was up, you know up by the Chief's place is not how they do things.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly I think it could be just like that in very rural areas. Not in towns of course.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I talked to the Chief of a Sioux Tribe in South Dakota this morning (about Science tables) and at the end I asked him why deliveries are setup that way on their Res.

His reply:
    "Have you seen any of the roads off Hwy 10?"

Hwy 10 itself has huge ruts, missing pavement, and washouts every few miles. I cant imagine what its like off that road.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think I lot of people have an idea of rural that is much more eastern half of the country two lane paved or gravel roads. Some of the stuff out west isn't a road most of the year :D

Fonda Dix likes this.