1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of making a switch

Discussion in 'General' started by dracerd, May 14, 2010.

1. dracerd

dracerd Active Member

Sup! I have an 06 r6 right now but I was kind of considering making a switch to a triumph 675. I know those are two completely different bikes but I was wondering what would be some of the really noticable differences between racing a 675 or an r6. Any advantages or disadvantages.

TIA

2. six6two

six6two AWD

TORQUE and fun. Do it :D

3. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

Not a racer but a track day rider. I love my D675. Best bike I've owned so far. Had an R1 and a R6 prior to that. Coming from an R6, you'll notice how slim the D675 is when sitting on it.

4. dracerd

dracerd Active Member

How's the power versus the r6... I know that might be hard to compare since they have different engines but is there a big noticable difference?

5. six6two

six6two AWD

Way different. Like I said, TORQUE.

6. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

This.

7. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

Also the Daytona comes standard with steal braided brake lines and angled valve stems.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  8. danch

danch Well-Known Member

Roughly comparable - maybe less topend, definitely way more midrange. You'll shift less. I don't stress about gearing so much, either.

Only bad thing - aftermarket parts are less common and tend to be from top-notch ($$$) suppliers.

Fun fun bike, though. The sounds it makes, the way it handles...

9. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

yeah that's the other thing, parts availability. if you crash, good luck trying to find a used subframe unless you are willing to spend roughly $500 for a new one. not like gixxers where you can easily find a part in the classifieds section.

that and it has a lower rev limit then the r6. you will bounce if off the rev limiter at first because you are used to a higher rev limit.

10. six6two

six6two AWD

Not if you have even a very minimal sense of where a bike makes power.:up:

11. desmo

desmo Well-Known Member

Finding parts isn't as easy as an R6, but is certainly a lot easier than for a Ducati (and much cheaper). The fact it is doing pretty well in WSS and is getting more common in club racing has me crossing my fingers for more aftermarket coming for it also.

I like the corner exit power, it gets up and on it much more quickly than a 4cyl, and I am not getting left by anyone on the R6's, CBR's etc. on the straights.

12. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

I don't have one but I like the fact that they can run in all the 600 classes, plus HWT too. You definitely won't have to worry about a lack of competitive classes to run it in.

13. Sklossmonster

Sklossmonster Well-Known Member

I've ridden both and although I'm a huge fan of 600s in general, the 675 is unbelievably fun to ride. It goes exactly where you want, and turns as quickly from side to side as any bike I've ever ridden.

Power wise, you're giving a little up on the straightaways, but the one I rode had a stock motor and pump gas, so I'm sure you can make them a little faster without getting too crazy.

14. Check your budget before buying a 675. Seriously.

You are going to damn near pay double for some things that you would for an R6. Full exhaust systems start at $2000.

They are great bikes, but you just have to plan on spending some money.

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

whew, I thought this thread was about a gender transformation.

16. random hero

random hero Banned

how'd that 675 fair in your yard sale?

17. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I thought he was going to whip his kids ass with a willow tree
    branch...

18. six6two

six6two AWD

Unless you buy one that's already fast, sorted, and set up :D

19. Not selling mine.

20. True. And would you happen to have a link to such a bike? :D