1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of going to Washougal MX race this year, any helpful hints?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bugslayer, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

I will be in the area for my daughter's wedding, so figured why not check it out. I will have my 35 foot toy hauler, so camping at the track would be really cool.
    Anyone got the scoop?

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Take a broom, blower and a Mop... it’s a mess camping at MX events... other than that go have a blast..I need to do the same.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Never been but always loved that track.....such a picturesque setting.

[​IMG]

4. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Get there early. Like Thursday
    There's one small road leading to the track, and it backs up for miles

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

It's a great area. It's just outside of the Portland metro area, so you will have access to a lot within a short drive.
    You could either stay in Portland, or Vancouver-WA.

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I live in Portland and have never gone. Was thinking I should this year since I can just drive up.

7. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Has anyone camped at the track? (sounds like TLR67 has) Is it first come first served? Reservations?

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have never been there but would love to go... I just know how messy it can be at a camp spot off the pavement..

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I've been a few times and it's easily one of my favorite tracks. Spectating is excellent (some nice shaded areas to watch) and the racing is always good.

I haven't camped, but as others have said there's only one road in and out and it's crazy so it would be fun/nice to camp at the track if you don't need to elsewhere.

Even if it's pretty dry leading up to the race some of the spectating and pits area tends to get somewhat muddy so having spare shoes or mud boots might be a bonus. Umbrella for shade depending upon where you sit, plenty to drink (it's a long day outside, might not be too hot there) and enjoy the show.

camping info;

https://mxsportsproracing.com/event/washougal-national/camping