1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about racing vintage...eventually

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by William Schneider, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

They're cool bikes and, if you're patient, can be found for around $5k for a well kept example. I've seen a couple prepped bikes pop up here in the past. Fairly easy to work on though and the whole Ducati range up to the Testastrettas are like one big Lego set.

William Schneider likes this.
  2. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

im sorry, it was out of line. i was just upset that i drove 5+ hours out to nelson to find out there was only 3 others doing vintage (3-6hw). i thought there might be others. as far as ahrma goes- sort of a circus/shit show over that way. so maybe people might be put off and come over to wera to race vintage. i hope so. see you in 2023?

3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Cyclocross I'm glad you're over the frustration. I was there that week end and had a blast riding with those other vintage riders and modern also. I also had a blast drinking beer and learning from the other vintage guys. I want to see you sort out that sportster.

#156 Well-Known Member

Man, Wera vintage use to be so cool and a fun place to race. We had a core group of folks that was second to none. Not really sure what happened. It just started to dwindle in numbers and now it's got to where there are only a few people in each class. I know for myself, I just got tired of showing up and racing myself because no one else showed up in my class {v-4} or my bump up {v-5}. Would love to get back into it if somehow, we could get numbers back. Still have my v-4 bike and might make it to the Roebling event next weekend if anyone else will show up. Please let me know.

5. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

For me, work got in the way and I am starting up a business. I hope to be back out there next year. Plus my 51 hasn’t been repaired from a crash in February.