1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a jeep...

Discussion in 'General' started by BrianC636, Jun 22, 2017.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

You're confusing draining with drying :)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have to drain before they can dry!

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I had an ice rink in mine not too long ago. :crackup:

4. khill

khill Well-Known Member

Good to know but a bit out of my price range. You do know I make living off of motorcycles, right? :)

5. khill

khill Well-Known Member

In typical beeb fashion - thread highjack -

I looked at the 2008 and it is literally better than new...96k, Never off road, original owner, perfect maintenance, both tops, literally could eat off the engine. Drives....like a jeep. What am I looking at as a secondary vehicle, putting 7k miles a year or so on it? Will this go another 5-7 years with minimal maintenance?

Ken

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't see why not. And even if you need a new engine they should be pretty cheap and easy to find through someone who does V8 upgrades. Guy here in ATL had half a dozen of the 6's just sitting in his shop, some brand new as he did swaps along with other upgrades for a dealer on brand new JK's.

khill likes this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No reason it won't. Most of the reliability "issues" with Jeeps are caused by that piece of organic material that connects the seat to the steering wheel. If it has not been bashed offroad it will be fine.

khill likes this.
  8. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i took mine down to moab last night and did the top of the world trail.

word to the wise, if you're stock, don't try it. i needed every bit of my 2.5" lift, 35" tires and flat fenders... i still bounced off a few things..

[​IMG]

Wingnut, TurboBlew, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

...before landing on top of that Wiley Coyote precipice. :eek:

badmoon692008 and turbulence like this.
  10. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Awesome pic!

turbulence likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, turbulence you have great pictures of your jeep and bikes!!!!!

turbulence likes this.
  12. turbulence

thank you sir

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

amazing photo. In a few years, it'll be all condos and hotels

sharkattack likes this.
  14. turbulence

doubtful... us Utahans don't like outsiders. we give them dirty looks and don't serve them alcohol. people come but they don't stay.

Wingnut, brex, Boman Forklift and 3 others like this.
  15. turbulence

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Honestly, I've never understood the allure of Jeeps. They seem ridiculously overpriced and just about one of the ugliest things on 4 wheels unless they have double their value in mods, and even then they're homely.

Then you see pics like that........

17. turbulence

hey now!

i think she's a sexy box on wheels!

[​IMG]

trussdude likes this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Yea, I know. Flame away.

I fully understand how insanely capable they are, and you certainly can't deny just how much they've shaped the landscape of offroad vehicles for the last 75+ years.

If I had access to the vistas you do, I'd imagine it pretty easy for me to change my tune......

19. turbulence

no flaming... different strokes for different folks. they certainly have their downsides.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm not a jeep person either, but I agree with Nemesis, if I lived near Moab I might change my mind.

In high school I had friends with 4WD trucks. In the winter you could be driving down a 2 lane road and see an empty farmers field without crops.....because nothing grows in Illinois in the winter, and off you went. But if you went very quick, stuff started breaking expensively and quickly.

Made me even like my dirt bikes, that much more.

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.