1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a boys fishing trip...

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 5, 2019.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well, since the demise of the Indy GP, the boys weekends have come to a screeching halt. Pathetic, I know, but, life happens.

I'm thinking about a small, over night (or 2) charter, where we stay out on the water. Fresh water? Salt water? I don't think we would be opposed to either. I'm envisioning somewhere off the coast of Florida, but I'm open to suggestions.

Anyone have any experience in doing such a thing?

@Mark151?

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Do the KAT instead. Ride dirtbikes all day and find a campfire to drink bourbon around every night. You’re not 70.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we did houseboats on some of the Kentucky Lakes. Cumberland is a big piece of water. It was a party.

As far as Florida...I did plenty of overnighters with Uncle Sam:D

4. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Offshore, you and the boys will have a blast. Hit Key West and look up Robert Trosset.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

FL panhandle area, destin etc.

Do a couple day charter. Blast!

6. eggfooyoung

Nah man, as great as that sounds, I want to drink all night... AND all day, and if some fishing happens, so be it! :D

rd400racer and cBJr like this.
  7. eggfooyoung

Renting a boat and doing Cumberland over the weekend of the 4th, with the families, and then to St. Pete on the 8th for the week. I love em, but I'll be familied out by then.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. eggfooyoung

This...

9. eggfooyoung

I've done Destin. Just a day trip, but it was nice. 15026658655130.jpg

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Head boat out of the keys to the Dry Tortuga's

They do 2 day trips.

11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Or if you're willing to drop the coin get ahold of Captain Eddie Dwyer and do a trip to the Other Side out of Port Canaveral.

He's a badass who figured out fishing on the other side of the gulf stream. No one is better.

12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Fish Hunter Charters in Frankfort Michigan. August has been good to us, good weather cold beer and fishing.

wera313 likes this.
  13. eggfooyoung

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

65' with a 20' beam and a total of 1200HP...........that bitch wont go fast enough to keep the bugs off of you.

At 10K for 3 days you can do better. And 3 days offshore is rough on anybody.

ducnut likes this.
  15. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

16. eggfooyoung

Found him. I'll check.

17. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Let me know when you're in St. Pete. I can drag you away from the family and get you in to some trouble there.:D

18. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

You had some great responses. I was going to say the tortures trip out of key West but you have the middle grounds on the panhandle, and the cape far offshore with water that doesn't get fished much. I'm sure you will have a good trip with those 3 choices

19. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Tortugas' lol

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Nice Cobia ... not too sure about the shorts though . And talk about ugly feet :D... what’s up with your big toes :crackup:

eggfooyoung likes this.