1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They're watching...

Discussion in 'General' started by Scribbler, Mar 21, 2000.

1. Scribbler

Scribbler Member

Sean, remember a few weeks back when the subject of running the GNF somewhere else came up on the board (Road Atlanta Sched. 3/06) and I said we should lobby to run it at Mid-Ohio. Well the AMA must be watching this board because in this last issue of RRW that I just got, it seems that the AMA has decided to run their AMA Grand Championship Final thing at Mid-Ohio now. They have been running it at Loudon, but only the locals have been winning. Damn, I should have said Mosport. Then they'd be sorry.

2. wera122

wera122 Guest

That's a nice conspiracy theory, but the AMA hooked up with FASTTRAX last year to hold the Mid-Ohio Classic in the week between Vintage and Superbike. My personal conspiracy theory is that the AMA is looking for a venue closer to home to keep expenses down.

I lived close to Mid-Ohio for the last 12 years and with the recent security issues and hassles at the track, I'm not in any big hurry to get back there. I know Schwantz and his girlfriend got arrested there last year and Max McCallister wrote a great article in RRW about his experience too.

It's a fun track (except for the concrete patches) but sometimes the hassle off the track just isn't worth it.