1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There goes the neighborhood

Discussion in 'General' started by TSWebster, Jan 9, 2013.

1. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Is it still OK for us Kentucky people to come down?

I always have a good time in Nashville!

3. Don't worry - once the damn Yankees figure out what native Tennesseans are really like, they won't want to stay. :Poke: :D

4. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

Hate to see the town change from what it is. Send em to Memphis lol.

6. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

"The city remains traditionally Southern in its sensibility"

Now those are two words that don't belong in the same sentence :Poke:

- Yankee Joe

7. TSWebster

Sure. You should stop in and say hi on your way. You pass right by my house on your way from Louisville to Nashville.

8. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

At work, my region is primarily anything north of TN/KY state line and anything east of Missouri/Iowa/Wisconsin. And there ain't 2 cents worth of sensibility in that whole 1/4 of the country.

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I always thought Kentucky just existed to hold Ohio's airport and produce motorcycle racers with poor English. :D

10. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

too late that northern migration happend in the late 80s and early 90's with the inception of Saturn. Many northerners that now call the south home were once yankee's too.

11. TSWebster

Yeah, but we sent a lot of them back home when the Saturn plant closed for a while.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm just glad I saw the blessed Mother Theresa cinnamon bun before it was stolen.

13. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Hah. Don't worry. They just need to talk to a few of the local residents and then they will run away. We be the edmucated types down here in Nashville....

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yankees?

15. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Jeter, Cano, ARod. You know. Yankees. Don't worry they'll go back home when they realize there isn't a baseball team in Nashville to overpay them

- Joe

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

maybe some locals can make a meeeellllllion dollars selling bumpers stickers that say "We don't care how they do it up north!" :D

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

A Democrat Mayor?!?!?

And here I thought Tn was all RED through and through!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nashville is a bunch of artists.... :D

BTW - that's enough political talk, wrong forum.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I have lots of Yankee friends. I fuck with them on a constant basis. I continually remind them that they're living in SOUTH CAROLINA not Gee Dee New Hampshire or some shit. I've told every damned one of them to their faces that I don't give a shit how things are done up North. Then I tell them how things are done here and they need to adapt or get the fuck out. I usually end with "Slow the fuck down, sit on the porch and have a beer, and relax".

Most of them have adapted. A few will no longer speak to me.

:D

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

In Mississippi anybody that lives north of your house is a yankee.