1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The World's Fastest Indian

Discussion in 'General' started by Peter Hively, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

TTWU!*

*Two Thumbs Way Up!

Peter

2. funksouljon

funksouljon Well-Known Member

here here, I concur

3. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

We have to wait until March 24th if we want to see it anywhere close to Buffalo. Not playing AT ALL in the Buffalo area. We will have to go to Rochester to see it.

4. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

I was all excited to go see it Friday, then I found it's the same situation here. The closest it's playing to Nashville is Atlanta and St. Louis.
    :Pop:

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

We found only 2 places in the Atlanta area.

My wife and I saw it last nite,It was great. They could have shown the bike more, (more nuts and bolts) :)
    If you are a true Motorcyclist you will "get it" if you are a passer-by you prolly may not.

6. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

Britt,

Where did you go see it at? I cant find it around here...

Rocky Stargel
    Team Stargel Castrol

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The LaFonte on Roswell Road in SandySprings.

8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I am going to see it in 1 hour. Only playing in 2 places in IL.

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

How do I find out where it's playing near me? (Commercial is on Speed as I type...)

10. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

worldsfastestindian.com

11. Reckless_Kelly

Reckless_Kelly Well-Known Member

It was only playing on one screen in Sarasota, but when I walked in for the Sat Matinee, the place was packed. I felt kinda out of place, everyon else in the theater was probably 20 something in 1967. Awesome movie though, even SWMBO liked it. It could easily support 2 screens in the area though.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Which is really incomplete. I'd given up on seein' it this week as they only list it as showing in Dallass and, inlike Debbie, I don't do Dallass.

Searching the UA Cinema sight though turns up two theaters in Fort Worth showing it.

13. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

In San Rafael CA where I saw it, there was a whole theater full of non-moto looking folks who totally dug it.

Peter

14. GAMBLER

GAMBLER Neard supporter

Burts bike & story are bitchin & well worth a Film...

they went a bit over board with the "pursue your dreams" "we are but dust in the wind" message - it was as subtle as a 2lb mallet

a few redundant scenes, even though some editing could have been done it kept my 5yr olds attention

Hopkins played it understated which was a departure from his over the top work of late

best scenes for me...
    his relationship with the neighbor boy & him flying the bike

Thumbs Up!
    if you love all things on 2 wheels or Bonneville you'll enjoy

15. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

Yep, blows!

Closest I found playing now is Manhattan. :down:

16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Well worth the price of a ticket. I only live 5 minutes from the Chicago theater but would drive an hour to go see it. The GF loved it also. Same with the 2 60 year old ladies who bought tickets in front of me. I couldn't beleive how many older (over 55 years old) people there where at the this movie. 2 :up: :up:

17. BMWIVAN

BMWIVAN Stick wanna-be

I find it interesting (read disappointing) that there is a fairly large media hype for this movie (Speed TV, major network TV, Superbowl) and I have to go all the way to ATL to see it. I can't find anywhere in NC, Eastern TN, or Northern SC that is playing this film.:tut:

18. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

E-mailed the Grandin Theater here in Roanoke...they'll be showing it in a few weeks. Of course, this was the only theater w/in 100 miles to show 'Motorcycle Diaries' (too sympathetic to the commies for the Moral Majority :rolleyes: ), and had a screening of 'The Wild One' last saturday morning :D

All this culture, and only 2 hrs from VIR :clap: