1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The War of Southern Aggression

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 2Big4Bike, May 31, 2018.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The few times it was served to me, the nondescript thickened white sauce poured over it was of no help whatsoever.

Please pardon my crossing it off the personal diet book.... (as if you would actually care!) :D

2. KawH1R

KawH1R Well-Known Member

Did Hate McDead put you up to this? Col. Rutherford has most eloquently stated all the key points. Nothing more needs to be say. (until McDead chimes in)

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sean,
    Next time your out west, take a trip down to SD to Shakespeare Pub. Its easy to get to right off the 5. Great english food....if there is such a thing. They have a full english breakfast on weekends..."two eggs any style, two slices of Irish bacon, a plump English sausage, black and white pudding, Heinz baked beans, sautéed button mushrooms, sliced tomatoes and potato pancakes. Served with two slices of white or whole wheat toast."

I've been going there since college...about 25yrs now...(damn thats too long)....always delicious.

4. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

My first introduction to grits was at PI boot camp. I was thinking it was oatmeal, and thought to myself, "This is the nastiest oatmeal ever." It ruined grits for me. I was going to comment about spitting the juice and say real men swallow it, but never mind . :)

5. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Well this didn't go as planned...it only took two posts to go from an attempt at grid filling trash talk, to a cuisine debate. Geez, might as well call Martha Stewart and Gordan Ramsay.:rolleyes:

So on the topic of Southerner's passion for grits...I can understand why...since it is probably one of the easiest meals for the southern sisters/wives (usually one in the same :Poke:) to prepare and for the good old boys to eat since consuming grits doesn't require any teeth :D:eek:, it is a natural avenue for Southern sustenance.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    SuddenBraking and Robin172 like this.
  6. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

I am a certified Northern snowflake carpetbagger who spends a great deal of time taking advantage of the naivete of Southerners. Recently I perused the South looking for more victims and I ended up in New Orleans. I tried various local entertainment stopovers and enjoyed, blues, jazz and zydeco all of which was most excellent. I ordered drinks in the French quarter and hung out with the hipsters. I had my future read by a Tarot card gypsy and my palm lines analysed by a Creole woman. I went to the fabulous WWII museum and took the trolley to the famous cemetery of mausoleums. I went to the Smithsonian Insectarium. I ordered catfish and gulf shrimp and hush puppies and golf trout and drank the local suds. But nothing prepared me for the culinary pleasures of shrimp and GRITS. I found this fine menu item on my last day there. Otherwise, I would have ordered it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I will never, ever dis the pleasures of simple yet delightful grits again.

7. Hate McDead

Of course..... One can never discount the wife/sister combo as it saves a lot of time and money in looking outside the family, and the pleasures of not having teeth and therefore no dental bills for life should never be discounted.

2Big4Bike and Robin172 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never understood the tasteless "gravy" on them either.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds great but sadly we're never near enough to SD to do it.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

What does the royal English family have to do with any of this?

11. Hate McDead

Ask Robin 172. He lives South of the Mason-Dixon and grew up in some English urban ghetto. As such, he has blended English and Southern hillbillyness into the combined art of 'Downton Abbey' and 'Deliverance'. Hence his penchant for politely knocking people off the track and his nom de guerre: 'Sir Bumpalot'. I suspect that under his helmet and while masked by the roar of his Ducati250, Robin172 is saying something along the lines of 'Pardon me, Sir, while I block-pass your ass into that yonder meadow.' Ergo: the English Hillbilly and kin to the royal Englander family.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just don't tell him most of the hillbillies were are Scottish :D

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Scottish and Irish. My grandmother was from Tipperary so I fit right in.:D

14. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

So back to racing. Who's going to Grattan to race Vintage, and more importantly, is bringing a set of roller starters I can bum a start from?

15. 2Big4Bike

Heck if you're going to make it to Grattan, I'm good for at least one "push start" for you (down hill only, please)...or I'll pull you with a rope, with my car so you can bump start your bike!:clap:

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep!:D

17. 2Big4Bike

Well if Jball is the only Rebel son coming up to Grattan, it looks like I have a good chance of at least coming in second!o_O

83BSA likes this.
  18. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I was born in Alabama and can be a rebel if necessary, but I am southern only to Michigan (I live in Columbus Ohio). Wasn't going to bring my old bike, but you talked me into it, now you can look forward to me showing you the way around.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

dayum, someone took an extra chewable Geritol this morning!

JBall and 2Big4Bike like this.
  20. 2Big4Bike

I'll show you the SSSLLLLOOOWWW Motion way around.;)

...and you know what they say in Michigan, "Flush twice...it's a long way to Columbus!"

All joking aside...I have close relatives in Alabama and would've moved down there myself if life had turned out a little different.