1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The War of Southern Aggression

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 2Big4Bike, May 31, 2018.

1. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

After surviving the maiden voyage on the 77 KZ650 project and "racing" in a class alone at the Grattan opener, I was curious if any of you grits eatin', snuff snuffin', catfish wrastlin', banjo pickin', rebel sons of the Confederacy, are going to venture up North to the land of real racetracks and get you some of the Mean Greenie in V-5 at the June 9-10 round of Grattan?!?!?!?:D:Poke::D

I believe there are a few good old boys with some V-5 steeds down south...including a freshly built KZ550/615 that needs a good old Northern spanking.:flag:

Disclaimer: The above pathetic attempt at trash talk was designed for entertainment purposes only, with the intent of conjuring up some much needed friendly competition in the V-5 class at Grattan Raceway and in no way was intended to hurt the feelings of any grits eatin', snuff snuffin', catfish wrastlin', banjo pickin', rebel sons of the Confederacy, snowflakes. Besides, I'm really slow.o_O

Attached Files:

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I don't have a V-5 bike, but let me respond to some of your trash talk. Please let me preface my comments below by complimenting you on your V-5 bike, your desire to fill the grid at Gratten, and your urging the Southern V-5 assassins to travel . . . .

First, and foremost, it was the War of NORTHERN Aggression.

Secondly,
    Eating grits is a positive. It demonstrates culinary excellence and an open mind to all forms of cuisine - something you Yankees apparently still don't appreciate or otherwise indulge. get with the global economy and world-view and out of the 19th Century.

Snuff is a preferred form of tobacco use. No lung cancer here. Plus, it provides and excellent, non-verbal way of expressing our opinions of Yankee actions: The well-timed spit speaks volumes . . . .

Banjo pickin' . . . Again, yet another example of how diverse and well-rounded Southerners are that we can appreciate, and even excel at, all forms of musical appreciation.

Catfish wrastlin' . . . Don't forget the gators. As an example of how advanced Southerners are in comparison to Yankees, there are television programs devoted to such manly exercises, so obviously, the rest of the world finds it a worthy enterprise and will pay big bucks for same. You Northern snowflakes (more on this terminology below) are obviously not capable or willing to engage in such demonstrations of manly diversity. That speaks volumes, i.e., res ipsa loquitor. 'Nuff said.

Rebel Sons of the Confederacy . . . Damn right. Don't forget it.

Snowflakes . . . . This deserves separate attention. According to the Urban Dictionary:

A term for someone that thinks they are unique and special, but really are not. It gained popularity after the movie "Fight Club" from the quote “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."

Began being used extensively as a putdown for someone, usually on the political left, who is easily offended or felt they needed a "safe space" away from the harsh realities of the world, but now has morphed into a general putdown for anyone that complains about any subject.
    Comedians have a hard time performing on college campuses anymore because of all the little snowflakes running around that get offended by just about anything they say.

Based upon the foregoing, it is exceedingly clear that the "snowflake" at issue here is you and your Yankee brethern, NOT the Southerners you seek to otherwise disparage. Need I explain further?

Awaiting your further complaint, snowflake. :Poke:

Cheers,

Dave

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I think the term "Grits" and "culinary excellence" is an oxymoron.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

An Englishman commenting on excellence in food? This from a country that has as its "full English breakfast" baked beans, greasy, half cooked, fried egg, blood pudding, fried bread, and greasy fried slices of ham otherwise known as "bacon." Oh, and depending upon what part of the UK you might be in, fried kippers, a/k/a big, greasy sardines. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall anyone ever extolling the virtues of "English cuisine" as they do French or Italian, etc.

Jus' sayin' . . . .

BTW - have you ever had real, fresh and properly prepared grits? Not the instant or quick cook shit. hand ground, fresh hominy (corn that has been treated with an alkali in a process called nixtamalization with the cereal germ removed) grits. For a pure starch, with little or no nutritional value, when properly prepared and seasoned, and slathered in good butter (now there is an item England, Scotland and Ireland do know something about :bow:), grits are a uniquely wonderful foodstuff. Sorta like biscuits . . . a Southern delicacy, of sorts.
    Cheers,

Dave

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Much like "English Cuisine"

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fine, call it polenta if it makes you feel better and more culinarily adept :D

K51000 likes this.
  7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Robin -

I apologize - I left out the piece de resistance of the "full English breakfast": the greasy, fried, canned mushrooms. How in the world I neglected to include them . . . . Again, my sincere apologies.

Cheers,

Dave

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need to try a full english breakfast some year. Just leave the roasted tomato off of it and cook the egg to at least over medium.

9. Robin172

Kippers are Herrings and they are smoked.

10. Robin172

That's just as bad.

11. Robin172

Ignore the lawyer, a full English is excellent, and the tomato should be fried. A few of those meals and it's coronary time.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There should be no tomato on any plate ever unless thoroughly cooked into something else like a sauce or chili or the like.

beac83 likes this.
  13. britx303

Yeah,the way the tomato gets cooked,it makes it taste like its a sun-rotted tomato:Puke:Granted,I only ever go to Scotland to visit family and friends,but I imagine its the same as England,which I dont waste my time going to. Now haggis,eggs and bacon(ham)............ now we're talkin'!!!! Thats good stuff for eatin'!

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haggis does sound good. Haven't seen it anywhere here - although granted I haven't actively looked.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damnit, now I'm hungry. Wonder if the boss wants dinner early...

16. britx303

Its a cross between scrapple and sausage.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, I'm in.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

My take is if you can eat and enjoy grits, you can eat pretty much anything. I'll give them that... :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grits are like pasta, they're filler for the good stuff you put with them. They're not meant to be eaten plain. At least some butter salt and pepper.

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

The BEST way to eat Grits is

Cajun Cheese Grits!!

Easy to make-
    1. Take you already made grits
    2. Add grated Cheddar cheese to taste
    3. Add cayenne pepper sauce ( like Tabasco)
    4. Mix
    5. Eat

If you've never tried Grits this way, Please do