1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Woohoo, made class D in the road class now too.

assjuice cyrus and Skter505 like this.
  2. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

It's most likely caused by the sensor vibrating because I don't have a real rig built yet, just a desk with the wheel clamped to it and the sensor on the same desk.

The VR definitely helps with consistently hitting the Apex. It's a tough decision for me, racing up close and actually being able to see where others are and also the ability to look through corners is a definite plus. The problem is the blur and low quality image get to me after a while. 45 minute race is the longest I've gone and trying to go longer without a lense cleaning and a little break might be tough.

3. Skter505

I used a 46" TV right behind my wheel before I went to a rift. It works ok, better than using a single 27" monitor in my opinion. The bigger the screen and closer to you the bigger field of view you can have.

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

If you are having to clean the lens after 45 mins. I would say you have it on to tight.

5. Skter505

I have it set real loose, like all the way almost so it just rests on my head but I still get a little fogged up. It has gotten a little better since I started using a ceiling fan.

I'll probably stick with it because triples are more money and more space.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Like I posted before, use a hair dryer on it before you put it on. Mine fogs every so often. That's the only way to prevent it. I've tried everything else.

7. assjuice cyrus

Try putting a fan in front of you blowing on you, I have read that helps a lot.

8. assjuice cyrus

Nice!

I forget what that unlocks, But I think you can run skippy, and the caddys now, both are fun.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have a fan that's a foot from me, it does not help with fogging.
    You have to match the headset temp with your forehead temp.

10. Pittenger5

Yup, both of those I believe, thank god I can get out of that Mazda at Summit Point, I think Ive run that race 10 times this week,.

11. assjuice cyrus

Yea, I feel ya man. I hate that car....lol

@G Dawg is the season 4 schedule out yet?

And before you roll your eyes I did check the forum. :crackup:

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Only track I love running the MX @ is Charlotte. Laguna is the worst.
    Schedule usually comes out during WK12
    You should check the forums of the series you plan on racing. There's usually a poll on what tracks you want to race at.

13. Pittenger5

I dont mind the car for what it is, but that track was driving me nuts. It was always a cluster in a race just not enough space to pass, so people would make bonehead moves to try and make anything happen. Plus, that one got damn series of turns was so hard to get right, and so easy to get wrong.

14. Pittenger5

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's a pretty awesome opportunity, akin to what Mazda and Nissan have done previously. But this means, people have to understand F1 and their "nitrous" :\

16. Skter505

Didn't see the hair dryer trick, thanks, I'll give that a try.

17. assjuice cyrus

Anybody else thinking about doing season 4?

If so what series are you looking at.

I like the Isma series but I am not sure I like the 75 min races.

I might try the pro mazda series and see how I do in that.

How hard would the the Blancpain series be to run? I'm thinking getting at least 2 drivers on the same schedule could be hard.

18. Pittenger5

Ok, I really need help, I want to hook up external speakers, but cant for the life of me figure out how to mount the rear speakers. The back wall is too far away (the pedals are against one wall), I can do stand alone towers, but with the pups running around, they'd probably get knocked over. I would like to attach them to the frame SOMEHOW, but not sure how. Anyone have any solutions, or ideas? (My latest idea is to try to use velcro to hold them to the seat, not sure if that would work well enough though)
    I have this seat for reference: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJB6DWY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

19. Pittenger5

Ill do any series Im eligible for.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member