1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Time Trials are a good tool for being a clean driver.
    And they either help or hurt your SR.
    Not that great for improving your speed.
    When I 1st got into this, I TT'ed my way to an A license.
    Very bad choice.

2. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Got out of Rookie class and into D. That being said I’m still doing Mazda races because I learned the track this week and next week is summit main (my home track for bikes). Anyway, after that I’ll jump into skip barber and do that for awhile.

I will say first 3 races in rookies went well and clean. Ironically after I got my D license did a couple more Mazda races and those I got hit from behind both by idiots who clearly can’t judge a brake zone. Rather frustrating both times.

Thanks to Eric for the tons of help he’s been giving me and answering all my newbie questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I still can't use all the processor I have. That would require a graphics card replacement and a re-write of the iRacing game engine.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What's the highest usable speed on iRacing ?

6. Venom51

I suspect on single threads as high you can go as long as it doesn't have to start waiting on the graphics card to get something displayed. My GTX1070 can't demand enough to make my 7820x angry. An RTX2080 at 1440p or better likely could. I stuck to 1080p panels but went high refresh rate.

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Any way to find out how recently a track was scanned or modified? I have been testing at Road America and some of the pavement patches and re-paved sections are not there. I can't tell if it's old, or if it's changed since the last time I was there last summer?

8. Venom51

Road America would be the older version. It hasn't been rescanned or updated recently.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I just built a new PC just for iracing. It is a Ryzen 3 3200g with an RX580. I play in VR and it is a solid 90fps. Iracing can run on a near potato.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I assume you have a Oculus ?

11. backcountryme

Samsung Odyssey. It actually has better resolution then the Oculus. It really makes the racing more immersive. I run up front in most dirt races in VR, and can't hit my ass with both hands on triple monitors. VR was a game changer for me.

Gino230 likes this.
  12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Once you get into the high end VR systems {I have Vive Pro also } but currently using Valve Index.
    Both need a higher quality GPU in order to run graphics on high.
    I could get away with a 1080Ti when I had the Rift.
    FR was shit once I upgraded.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

14. Venom51

Dumbass...

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

16. backcountryme

Now that is some dumb shit right there. What was he thinking?

17. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Erik/Kenny - how about a little post race report on your 24 hours of Le Mans?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Dirt race coming up. 11000 to win. 10 nights of racing.

backcountryme likes this.
  19. backcountryme

That is some serious cash.

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It was interesting to say the least. I qualified us 8th in class out of 13. The start was rough, several spins, a lot of fighting back through the field. Managed to pull us up to 3rd place at the end of my third stint. Next driver was able to keep a solid pace and bring us up to second at the end of his third stint. Next driver was able to get us into first at the end of his stint, but it was temporary as the pit cycles were off. Tragedy hit when we experienced some net code from an overtaking LMP1. Caused damaged to the car which left a permanent left leaning tilt in the steering wheel. While steering inputs need to be smooth anyway, they had to be extra smooth on right hand turns or the car would want to snap spin. The accident put us down to fifth, but we managed to crawl back up to third with around 8 hours left. One of our fast guys put in an amazing 5 stint run, bringing us up to second place. Kenny brought us home to second place by running a solid, smart final two stints.