1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

AI is garbage to learn on. If you're not comfortable to race yet, just hop into practice sessions.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I disagree. Set the AI at a slightly faster pace than what you can do and go race. It helps learning the limits of the car on track and in traffic.

3. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

I’ve only done 2 AI races. First was with AI set at 20-25% (rookie) and I was lapping 6+ secs a lap faster. Upped it to 45-50% (amateur) and I’m only a second faster. It’s at least helping me figure out how to control the car when not on optimal line and trying to pass someone. I’m sure it’s not perfect, but definitely a different experience than just turning practice laps for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Pittenger5

Yeah, well you're wrong. And ugly.

vfrket and stevedave like this.
  5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Your logic is indeed flawless. I can't argue against that.

vfrket likes this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Why are you stalking him? Or anyone?

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Why are you even posting in this thread ? It's for people who actually do iRacing. :)

9. Pittenger5

I like to practice Gary. Not hop into races I cant finish.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Please elaborate .

11. Pittenger5

Since my time is limited these days, I prefer to just go into road racing practices and hot lap. I dont have the time to wait for a race to be available when I'm ready to game, along with the amount of practice necessary to be able to lap quickly and safely. However, oval races are a bit of a different beast, I can hop in and cruise around without any practice at all.

So I'm not sure what me only doing oval races has to do with my opinion that the AI is garbage to learn on, considering I spend probably 10x more time in road racing practice than oval races, but hey, guess I'm the asshole here.

12. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If oval dirt is that easy, there I always big money paying races to be had....

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm just busting your balls. I've yet to try AI, but I heard positive things about it. I think it would help me since I suck at qualifying and do best while playing follow the leader of having to chase someone down.

14. Pittenger5

Not for my splits. And I guess I shouldn't have said quickly. More safely and effectively.

15. Pittenger5

Yeah, I guess I was harsh on AI in my post, it is good for learning how to drive in traffic and having a rabbit to chase. I just find the AI "off" compared to actual racing, maybe for the better.

16. Pittenger5

Well I can admit when I'm wrong. Ai has gotten significantly better since it launched. Did a race at sebring in the f3, it was really good.

Erik is still ugly though, that hasn't change .

stevedave and code3ryder like this.
  17. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

You can alway ghost race too.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ghost racing on the other hand is shit.
    Not a fan of racing with it in my face .

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Not sure if any of the PRL guys here have been paying attention to what is going on in the GTE Tuesday Series.
    I meet Jesse Stevens though a post from Mike DeBrabant on FB. We have since become friends.
    I paid for his premium membership so he could race the series. He's out of work and just had a baby so funds are tight.
    Anyway after a rocky couple of races to start, he's now dominating the series :)

20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Why not do some time trials?

I have only raced the Miata so far, but there's a race every hour so there's always something going on. I guess it's not that way in other series.