1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...money is starting to enter into virtual land. All the fun will be sucked out of it shortly.

3. Mphile77

Mphile77 Well-Known Member

Shut the fuck up Fraley :crackup:, just because :beer:

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You mother fuckers...

How the hell you non driving sons of bitches been.

Mphile77 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Blow me...you no-responding to a text bitch. Did I make too much noise in your truck while checking to see if you were still alive?

Mphile77 likes this.
  6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

We gots a Fraley sighting, the man lives!

Stop being a recluse and at least pop in and say high every now and again. You'll be happy to hear that Fraley's Auto Body Race Team got it's first win last week :crackup:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, fuck off Fraley :D

Mphile77 likes this.
  7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Fuck, I had to block all you none job having mother fuckers. There was to much text going. I couldn't even have a conversation.

Who got the win?

Hows that Overbay fuck stick doing?

What else have I missed out on?

Suck A Dick Pittenger

8. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

9. Venom51

10. Mphile77

Mphile77 Well-Known Member

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I'm looking @ Pimax but need to do more research

12. 600 dbl are

The VR experience is amazing no doubt, but until it can look as good as my triples I can't do it. The biggest thing holding VR back right now is the processing power. Being able to run VR with all the eye candy turned up just isn't possible right now with the current hardware. The only issue I had with the headset was during endurance races. Spending 2 plus hours per stint in the headset is cumbersome.

13. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Oculus is good enough for me right now. Only downside is I cant use it at all in night races. I literally can not see anything. Been playing a few games lately without VR support and really wish I had triples, but cant justify those right now.

14. 600 dbl are

You're buying your wife a house. Tell that woman you demand triple 4K 27" monitors or her pillow and rug budget goes away :D

Back to reality, you can pick up decent 27" 144HZ 1ms monitors for around $200 each.

Not sure the refresh rate on this and the bezel is a little bigger than I would prefer but you get the idea https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236302&ignorebbr=1

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the cost isnt bad, then I gotta figure out a mount and all that. And honestly, I like VR a LOT more.
    Honestly Im waiting to see if F1 2019 has VR support or not.

And we bought our first rug last night

Fuck off Fraley

16. Venom51

You don't need 144hz....save a bunch of money. Three 60hz monitors still works just fine.

17. 600 dbl are

60hz is not much cheaper, and usually have a higher response time. This is a good price and the frame-less is nice, 6ms response time though https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160347

18. Venom51

Ok... for that price...knock yourself out. Shit I might finally replace mine.

19. 600 dbl are

When I bought mine I did a bunch of research. Once thing I took into consideration was how long it took iRacing to update the graphics. While a 4K monitor would be nice and all, iRacing isn't there yet, and probably wont be for some time. By the time they get there I figured the 4K will be cheap enough to replace my 1080P's. Plus trying to push 4K on triples will take a metric ton of processing power. I dabble a little in other games, but not enough to justify the higher cost for higher resolution.

20. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I use a Samsung Odyssey VR set for Iracing. It cost me $240 and I couldn’t be happier. I run it with graphics maxed with no issues. I don’t think I could go back to using monitors for racing now.