1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Just be glad McMantus was told to disconnect. Had he been behind you it would have been a lot worse.
    As far as the track, I found myself in a higher gear in several corners in practice. I looked at those results to determine where I wanted to start.
    I had a 8.10 for my optimal, but binded it several times in qualifying and had to reset . So with 10 minutes to go I just made sure I put in a time.
    I totally lost focus on the start and ran way wide in T1 screwing my line for T2. Once I gathered it up, I then got a bullshit slow down penalty.
    If you watch the video, I all but parked it trying to resolve it. Lucky for all the attricition , 3 pit stops should have buried me.

code3ryder likes this.
  2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

That race was a frickin shitshow, loved it haha

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

At least I got my air time :)
    It was funny as hell listening to those guys rooting for you on the last lap

4. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I finally got some good air time but that shithead wouldn't get out of my way. 1:14:45. I gained 5 seconds on him in like 10 corners. I was on him like that from coming down the big hill. I didn't want to shove my way through. I saved my replay. He was all over the place. Considering a protest for shitty driving. Glad he didn't take me out when he crashed.

5. code3ryder

It's funny to me how you and I are always right next to each other. I got a q time on my first hot lap and called it good.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Who was it ?
    I messaged Jerome about McShitty driver and he said he would be watching him and if needed he would ask him to sit out this round.

7. code3ryder

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I had issues with him also. He stuffed me, I caught him coming up the hill , then he parked it almost causing me the spin.

9. code3ryder

I think I'm going to cut the video and ask the stewards to look at it. If I'm being a little bitch, then fine, I'll just deal with it. But ya, he parked it on me to going down the hill that has the l/r kink before the triple apex rights.

10. code3ryder

On a good note, I got prices for a new graphics card.

269 for 1060
    359 for 1070
    404 for 1070ti
    495 for 1080

I guess it really depends on if I want to go VR or not. For my set up in my office, VR would be better. I have to move my main monitor from desk to rig and back each time I drive. Seems like one can get a Rift for 250 or so. My lean is to the 1070ti.

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have a 1060 3GB and I am running oculus at 89-90 FPS.

backcountryme likes this.
  12. code3ryder

you're killing me smalls...

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

lol

I guess my point was, if you are unsure about Oculus, you dont need to drop $400 plus on a new card. Just tryin' to help a brotha out :D

14. code3ryder

But I was ready to spend it! lol I also do some video/photo editing. Not sure if there would be a difference on that end. If I get the 1060, that's money I can put towards the Rift. ugggg. I'm horrible about buying things when there are different levels of the same thing. It's easy to go from the 1060 to the 70ti in steps but looking at the big jump, $150 is a bunch.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

$495 for the 1080 is a good price considering recent pricing. Maybe a new set of cards are coming out?

16. code3ryder

It's a hook up from a guy I know at Nvidia. One chance, have to make it count :)

Anyone think my gtx745 has any value?

BigBird likes this.
  17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That dude had the worst possible luck in that race. It was so bad he went all postal on Vargas and that's why Vargas was crabbing across the line so slow Ritchie almost got by him.

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you can swing it go for the 1070ti. It's a marginal jump in performance to the 1080. If it was a 1080ti for that price I'd say jump all over it but dollar for FPS the 1070ti is the best deal in that list.

600 dbl are likes this.
  19. Pittenger5

Moms spaghetti

600 dbl are likes this.
  20. Pittenger5

Vargas jammed the brakes though, didnt he?