1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

iRpitcrew

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I Speed works well also

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

#@$%@ Ass juiced myself out of a 6th place by .4 gallons :(

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I guess you were "owled".

5. Venom51

Assjuicing does not automatically lead to owling.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

True, but I was in fact owled coming out of 17 on the white flag lap.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

FP1 is tonight at 8PM correct?

8. Venom51

9. 600 dbl are

Shits about to get real.

I figured out the Arduino programming BTW. It only took like a month :crackup: I'll be able to do rotaries now, plus have elevety billion buttons. I have a few design layouts I will need your help with on fusion (you should be able to just point me in the direction this time). Once I can get it sorted I will send materials and cash for your CNC time. If not cash, perhaps some gift certificates for the Owls?

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Hes going to have to take cash, the owls doesn't allow any bitches in there. ( hold the how did you get in jokes) :D

11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I need to figure out how to get faster. This is really pissing me off.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

I heard more speed is the answer. :D

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's the weather. I ran as fast as 1:58's in practices. I just barley beat your time last night.

14. 600 dbl are

Turns 7,13,16 and 17 is where I have found the most time to make up. Messing up one corner and hitting the other 3 perfect will screw your lap time. Hit those 4 perfect and make small mistakes on the rest and you still have a decent lap time. YMMV.

15. Pittenger5

Im still consistently 3-4 seconds off your guys times, and not improving, it should be easier to close the gap down, but nope, Ill be lucky if I get 2 tenths at any time. I literally have no idea what Im doing wrong, I feel like I'm on the edge, and if I push it anywhere, I spin or blow the braking point.

16. 600 dbl are

I was in the same boat last season. Late braking is NOT the answer. I have found that if I braked a little bit sooner and with the same power, but release the brakes earlier before turn in, my times started to slowly drop. The reason I believe this is because I was able to carry more corner speed through the corner. As an example, the hairpin at turn 7 I can brake as late as the 3 cone set (good to know for over taking) however, the speed is killed getting through the corner and I will lose almost a half a second on my lap if I do that. The same applies for turn 13. I was braking at the 2 cone and I moved the braking back to the three cone, released the brakes and turned in a little bit sooner pointing the nose to the exit rumbles, and I instantly made up a half a second on the long drag to the chicanes because I was able to get on the gas sooner.

This shit makes sense in my head, and I'm shitty at putting words to paper so if it doesn't make sense let me know.

I'm probably not the best guy to give advice, as I'm still 1+ seconds off from Kenny. I just know I was in the same boat as you and these are the things that helped me improve my times.

17. Pittenger5

Maybe I need to try that more consistantly. I think getting back on the gas is costing time, but when I try to brake earlier, I just end up bogging myself down and dont get the gas going hard enough anyway.

18. Venom51

Eric is working in the right direction. The car can't turn if it's bound up on the brakes and it can't accelerate off the corner is the chassis is still bouncing all over the place. There is a direct relationship between the amount of steering input and throttle or braking input . If you have a lot of brake applied you can't turn the wheel 90 degrees and expect the car to turn. Your foot needs to be releasing the brake in proportion to the time and amount you start turning the wheel. The same on corner exit is true. The moment you want to go back to the gas you have to start removing steering input from the car. If you still have a lot of steering degree cranked in then the moment you go back to the gas and the front tires see more grip from the load being removed from them you will almost instantly get oversteer.

600 dbl are and code3ryder like this.
  19. 600 dbl are

This is so true in turn 5. I picked up a couple of tenths by simply waiting to accelerate out of turn 5. The turn makes you feel like you should get on the gas sooner, but if you wait just a hair longer before hammering the gas you will pick up time. It took me following Kenny to figure that one out as I would ride right up his ass mid corner but he would leave me for dead exiting the corner.

20. Venom51

Sweet. It's not rocket surgery and Arduino makes it pretty easy. You'll be better off in the long run over the original controller board you chose. Plus you can use the smaller cheaper boards for button boxes without issue and run the same code essentially.