1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The unofficial official "SMMFH" thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I tried Google, what is MSN? I didn't read the prior 73 pages if it was explained there? TIA

3. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

MSM is main stream media. :beer:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

They did. It impeded their ability to compete with MSNBC and Fox News, which were not covered by these rules as they are not broadcast over public airwaves (they are on private cable).
    The repeal was championed by the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters), the owners of MSNBC, and large media companies. The repeal was also championed by conservative talk radio and it's supporters which explains the two links and from conservative sites above.

The rule was suspended in 1987 and deleted in 1996.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  5. beac83

Update on the above from Today's Chicago Tribune.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news...weather-alert-springfield-20190610-story.html
    Note how the headline has no relation to anything reported in the the story. The Tribune used to be a world-class newspaper. SMH.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  6. beac83

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

One of the reasons the left liked the rule
    was because left-leaning talk shows don't make money.
    Any station broadcasting a popular rightwing station would
    also have to broadcast a money-losing leftwing station.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If the Fairness Doctrine were to be imposed again, it would eliminate the current MSM. I say do it.

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope those determining fair are those that think the public should fund PBS

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

A lot of people getting de-platformed on Youtube are going to Bitchute as a backup.

15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting. I am interested in anything and everything that may push big tech off its undeserved throne.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This guy just got his channel back....but it sounds like the wheels are in motion.

As some have alluded to, Youtube is a private company and they can certainly choose to do what they wish with regards to what they allow and what they won't. But platforms like Youtube and Twitter have repeatedly proven again and again which side of the fence they are leaning and what content they will allow and what they won't. Even in situations where left leaning content is blatantly guilty of the same stuff that conservative viewpoints are getting banned/censored for.

Crowder actually went and setup shop outside Google's offices in Austin to have some civilized dialogue.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's working.....the trolling happens, they take the bait, the polarization and exposing continues. Not sure if people have heard of this going on up in Boston.

Just in case you didn't know, you're now considered a bigot if you are proud to be straight....not hating gays, simply proud to be straight. By that logic of course that would mean that gay people are heterophobic.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That should improve communication :rolleyes:

21. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member