1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The unofficial official "SMMFH" thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It did and with all the links on here to their site I hit the freebie long ago. Now I just bitch about them :D

beac83 likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn...can't even use the incognito work around like you can on other sites.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wow.....this is like a SMMFH post topic completely unto itself as well.

Just a few years ago I couldn't even imagine we'd be here right now....in THIS country. With a fascist left agenda literally silencing opinions that they don't agree with. Absolutely shameful.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clown world

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah. Someone should yet again post the thirty step work around that I have no use for. If I can't just click the link and go read it then the link is useless to me. I'm not going to make a major effort to read shit linked here :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, why in the world would you ever believe such thing? Of course people silence those they don't agree with if they can do so. Both political parties do it. Web sites do it all the time. News orgs do it. Always have always will. Censorship is a normal thing in daily life.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Freedom of speech
    Freedom of press

....all that lip service. I guess its because its gotten so blatant to the point they don't care in the least. I know there's always been censorship I just think it's becoming broader reaching now. I guess as information becomes more broadly available so too does someone trying to censor it.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Remember that these standards only apply to the government. The government cannot restrict speech or the press.
    Everyone else is free to do so, and historically has. This includes corporations.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They are like the bugs in Men In Black, surviving on chaos and carnage.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Remember that it is also a value that enables the free exchange of ideas. Suppression leads to revolution.

13. beac83

Oh, I understand very well.

There continues to be a vast chasm between the rights you actually have and what most of us would agree is right and proper.

Individuals are a lot less restricted than our Federal and State governments when it comes to disinformation, obsfucation, and censorship.

Our “free press” has a long history of one-sided narrative. It’s only been in the radio/tv era that we’ve come to expect broadcast media to be impartial. There used to be a requirement for that called the Fairness Doctrine and Equal Time Rule. Those were both sent dormant in the 1980’s and were removed in the 1990’s.

All media are now free to engage in what used to be called yellow journalism.

It’s pretty sad, IMO

stk0308 and Knotcher like this.
  14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That’s why censorious behavior by what used to be open platforms is concerning, even if ultimately self-destructive.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

16. beac83

Nice troll, have a donut.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Nice counterpoint. So convincing.

:rolleyes:

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't like facts?
    The Fairness Doctrine was anti-free speech.
    The lefties loved it because it was their tool
    to suppress speech from the right.

19. beac83

One way to look at it.

Try another:
    The broadcast airwaves are owned by the American People. They are licensed (leased) at no cost to individuals and corporations to operate, for profit, in the public interest, convenience, and necessity (from the Communications Act of 1934, and repeated in part from the Federal Radio Act of 1927).

In return for the free use of a public trust for profit-making activity, fairness in reporting on issues of the day was expected. The Fairness Doctrine was upheld by many courts over the years (see Red Lion)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine

The Fairness Doctrine did not limit free speech at all. It did limit one-sided examination of the issues of the day.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In fair application, the MSM should hate this doctrine.