1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The unofficial official "SMMFH" thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We'll have to disagree because there are a bunch of breaks and things that absolutely are built into the way all schools operate that are purely because of Christianity.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You are broadening the subject to make your point.
    The teachers MAY NOT FACILITATE ANY RELIGION
    which is what they are doing.
    Who gets holidays or says Merry Christmas has nothing to do with it.
    There are rules and they are being broken.

Fonda Dix and cav115 like this.
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Ok lol

I'm not talking about built in cultural things in an institution.

I'm talking about protests, laying on the floor in people's way, and schedules interrupted and changed for one religion.

So really not what I was talking about.[/QUOTE]

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Next time you're in Ohio stop by will go visit the school real quick.

Won't take long to see.

I'll buy you some skyline......

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Try again. They are not facilitating any religion above any others. That is the part you are making up. They are merely giving Muslims the same leeway they give the other mainstream religions. All the yelling and whining won't change that simple fact.

BTW - who gets off for what religious holidays absolutely matters as that is facilitating a specific religion...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell no, I ain't going to any school. I avoid those nasty places like the plague.

Skyline however.... :D

cav115 likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'ma see if I and I can show up with dreads and fire up a doobie and say it's a Rastafari sacrament.

Mon.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a college campus, if you think there aren't multiple ceremonies to Haile Selassie daily you crazy :D

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nuke the island.

11. In Your Corner

Flat-out child abuse.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wingnut, Rebel635, R1M370 and 4 others like this.
  13. In Your Corner

14. In Your Corner

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/4...scoring-adversity-of-students-on-applications

The College Board reportedly plans to assign an “adversity score” to each student who takes the SAT, providing information on student's social and economic background.

The data point, which would be calculated using more than a dozen factors, comes as college admissions boards face scrutiny for their selection processes, The Wall Street Journal reports.

Among the categories included in the calculation are the crime rate in a student’s neighborhood, their family’s median income and the rigor of their school’s curriculum, according to the Journal.

Students’ scores can range from 1 to 100, with 50 being average, above 50 representing an element of adversity and anything below 50 representing a degree of privilege, the newspaper reported.

The students themselves won’t know what scores they get, but colleges will see the information.

“There are a number of amazing students who may have scored less [on the SAT] but have accomplished more,” David Coleman, chief executive of the College Board, told the Journal. “We can’t sit on our hands and ignore the disparities of wealth reflected in the SAT.”

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait, test taking isn't the only determining factor in a persons success? Well I'll be damned....

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seems awfully heterophobic to me. Not cool treating her badly for how she was born.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So what is the graduation rate of those artificially promoted? If you take someone like me and say but he is defective so we have to promote him to MotoGP are you not guaranteeing my failure? Would it not make more sense to help the person get into a school best suited to them at that time so they can improve and prosper?

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

How much does mental adversity weigh in on the score I wonder?