1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The unofficial official "SMMFH" thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 16, 2017.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Privilege is that black girl with a 3.0 GPA that was accepted to the University intead of the white guy with a 3.98.
    All because of politically correct racism.

2. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Accepted HA... the 3.0 gets a FULL ride while the 3.98 would have to take student loans.
    Ask my blonde daughter about grant's and loans to schools with her 3.8 gpa. Didn't get a one. Her friend full paid ride.

crashman, badmoon692008 and brex like this.
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid: I have seen the same thing with both of my kids. It is especially frustrating when one of my kids shows me the whiney social media ramblings of one of their high school friends that got preferential treatment because of their skin color. Ya, nothing indicates oppression and discrimination like a full ride scholarship to a very selective school with mediocre grades...

cav115 and K51000 like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Rewarding mediocrity.....it's the American way.

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

7. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Speaking of Grantz

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

9. beac83

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

With the last two links you offered, I think that is an excellent plan. I think I am too old to worry about current events.

beac83 likes this.
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

The Mayor of Milwaukee, is running for Governor.........for the 4th time! He hasn't won yet.
    He thinks he now has popularity since he got this useless trolley put in downtown- still working on it however.
    Apparently- the little circles he listens to now thinks, he can beat the incumbent Scott Walker- who is kicking ass and talking names btw.

SMFH- Milltown economically has sucked the last (under Barrett) 8 yrs, public education in Mil. is a joke, and someone actually thinks this guy
    Barrett is good for the state? SMFH

Liberals make me want to puke! I hate and detest it when people can't educate themselves on the real issues, and simply use logic for the good of all when voting for a candidate. SMFH

I heard a short quote from him on the subject on one of the conservative radio stations I listen to;
    He said 'some people me to my governor, some people want me to stay as mayor, and some say they want me to move to Tahiti'
    YES- move to Tahiti- with your goberment pension from Mayor- hell, I'll buy you the plane ticket!
    He would be the WORST thing that ever happened to WI, IF he were to win as Governor-
    Which he won't.

AND- one of the guys who sometimes shows up at the Masters Swim workout I make it to 3 x a week- is one of his main hencemen! It is SOOOoooo hard to be civil to this guy, but I suck it up and try.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  13. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

14. beac83

Don't read too much in to the 90MPH reading. If the accelerator was stuck when the wheels left the ground, the engine and transmission would have been unburdened, and the speed registered on the speedo (from the transmission) would go way up.

There is a lot of pain in this one, but we still don't have any identified reason or cause. Just a lot of speculation.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You don't think the investigators would think of that?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I had the same thought, but I would think experienced investigators would take that into account. The reporter might not.

17. beac83

I would expect that investigators would, but if there are no wheel rotation sensor data, and/or no GPS offset data, there is no way to know precisely how fast the vehicle was moving just before it left terra firma. I don't know if that data exists or not.

But the Daily Mail, being somewhat sensationalist, certainly would not let good science get in the way of a great headline. I expect that most of the rest of the sensationalist seeking media would do the same, to a greater or lesser extent, depending on their reliance on sensational headlines to move product.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well for sure, if the sensors accelerated substantially, it means it was under power, brakes not applied.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Actually...

[​IMG]

There's this field of study called physics, where they can pretty damn well accurately figure out speed at launch. :Poke:

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

:stupid: If it went over the cliff, and they know where it hit first. Yeah, speed at launch is easy to calculate, or at least estimate with good accuracy.