1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The unofficial official "SMMFH" thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 16, 2017.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

It’s not. Crazy liberals are trying to make trans normal. It’s not normal, never will be normal. It a mental issue.

2. BHP41

Or people need to quit being bitches and sit down with this “I’m offended” bullshit.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The problem is that you can never control/predict how someone else will interpret your jokes/words/intent when you put it out in public.

Its understandable that that particular sign could be very easily be mis-understood by those who did not know the inside story.
    We all know that people are hyper-sensitized on all sides these days. Why feed them?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because letting them expose themselves lets us know who to avoid, plus we get to churn the "offense fatigue" up to 11, furthering the vilification of the Gladys Kravitz'

Have you seen the blowback some fucktard is getting for her indignation that Hobby Lobby DARED to use raw cotton as a decorative?

5. beac83

If you like stoking the fire, don't complain about the heat.

Don't be the a$shole who overstokes the sauna, sits on the bottom bench for 3 minutes, then leaves because it's too hot.

6. BHP41

So you should restrict your comments directed at your group of friends because someone, somewhere may be offended by them?

No.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If someone chooses to be offended by something I say in a non-offensive manner, fuck them. Their problem, not mine. They need to fix themselves, not me.

WERA 904 and G 97 like this.
  8. beac83

Maybe make your posts on FB visible to Friends only? Why broadcast your insensitivity?

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's the People's Front of Judea! :crackup:

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

That's just it. Who's stoking the fire? The only stoking I see are the triggered responses from those who seemingly go out of their way to become offended at everything and anything that they don't agree with then throwing a hissy fit about it while labeling others as racist or anyother number of phobes. Then they go on and try to impose their thoughts and feelings on others and if the others don't comply they resort to name calling and intimidation. Pretty clear which side is doing the majority of the stoking.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...better advice would be people should stop sharing every f#cking thought in their heads with the world.

Orvis likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes because the liberal left freaks never ever justify their own behavior as simply just expressing themselves.

So, I'm told I should accept all of these liberal left freaks wanting to redefine their behavior simply because they are expressing themselves but at the same time I should not post any of my own beliefs because I am being insensitive and might offend one of them.

Liberal thought process truly is cancer. Your liberal hypocrisy knows no bounds.

auminer and badmoon692008 like this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

On a local talk show yesterday am Antifa supporter was trying to explain how they expect to be able to respond with violence to viewpoints they see as a threat to their philosophy. They could not grasp the concept that others might find their POV threatening.

16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Ok let's do some real talk. Being offended is a personal choice. No one can "offend" me because I choose whether I get offended or not. It's that simple. I raised my kids with this concept. I taught them that getting offended is giving up power...it's giving permission to someone else to make you upset.

So if a person gets offended by someone else's words, they are making the choice to be offended and they are not taking responsibility for their own emotions. It also shows weakness, which is giving up your power. I will never let another person have the power to offend me. Why would you give them the satisfaction?

Now does this mean you say whatever whenever you want? No of course not because another important value is respect. I give respect until I am pushed, then the rules change. So someone online saying stupid stuff might be disrespectful, but you don't have power over them and their idiocy. So chose not be offended, self reflect, and move along.
    :beer:

WERA 904, G 97, Orvis and 1 other person like this.
  17. BHP41

Even better advice would be to delete fakebook and go outside and enjoy life with real people and real friends.

jase likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm trying to be marginally realistic here.

19. BHP41

We’re talking about social media. We’re way past being realistic.

People just need to move along with their lives and quit giving a shit what some joe blow that you’ll never know says.

And that’s the bottom line because stone cold said so.

20. beac83

Man, chill a bit.
    I was telling both those who do stupid shit, and those who can't seem to ignore it to think twice before getting all wound up.

Liberals as well as traditionalists (or some claim, conservatives) are both susceptible to the malady of overreaction.

I think you made my point for me.

jase likes this.