1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The stupid is strong on Craigslist

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Aug 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll trade you Anthony Quinn's t-shirt for the dirty bike. Your ad did say "interesting trades considered."

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:crackup:

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

many have tried to explain that to him, but he still is baffled why many are asking if it has a title. Sure, someone will buy it for a low enough price without a title, likely someone wanting to make $ parting it out. But they would pay more for it WITH a title. The market talks. Soon enough he will listen. Or not.

I bought a gsxr1000 back in 2006. Race bike, just the MSO but i knew the racer i was getting it from well. And he was the original owner. Never titled it to not pay taxes or something (can not remember if he bought it in KY, TN or GA). Anyway, i go to sell it a couple years later. Race only bike, no headlights, no street legal stuff, wicked fast ss built 1k motor, Ohlins everything, etc. Could NOT sell it with just his MSO and a bill of sale for anywhere near what it was worth. The former owner (good guy) was nice enough to jump through a bunch of hoops to help secure me a title, and I was able to sell it..

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think more of the self-righteous should lecture Chris. His ignorance of Tennessee laws is ridiculous. His reluctance to accept the wisdom of Craigslist is ridiculous-er! :crackup:

5. I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our bodily fluids.

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Even better - bought it used from a guy in Maryland in 2005-ish which had even more relaxed laws for off road vehicles until fairly recently apparently.

States have started to institute this title thing as a way to generate extra revenue.

As for titling a dirtbike, I honestly didn't know. Most places don't care, and some dirtbikes are still often sold without - I've called around to check.

Anyone who purchases the dirtbike can use the the original COO and bill of sale that I'm willing to provide to pay taxes and get a title if that's their wish, but I guess I'm still an idiot for not having a title for it. :rolleyes:

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I've never owned or bought a dirtbike that didnt have a title. Hell even my China Pitster Pro had a Utah state title when I sold it. Just go get it titled and then sell it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord, get over it, no one is insulting you for not titling it. Just for bitching about people with good reason asking if it's titled :crackup:

Has the MSO/COO been signed over to anyone? If not you're good to go.

9. Lawn Dart

:bow: I'm not worthy of your wisdom. My intellect is a mere speck compared to your vast universe of worldly knowledge. From now on, I will ask you before I do anything, just to avoid raising your ire.

If you read my first post, I stated in there "hey, does it have a title? legit question, no problem - here's what I have..." I'm not baffled. What was baffling, for those challenged by reading, was why someone would tell me they have more questions about the bike, then proceed to lecture me as you have on the virtues of a title vs. MSO/COO. "The stupid" is that someone actually took the time to get on the phone with me, though they had no interest, just to "be right". You don't have any relatives in middle, TN, do you? :Poke:

Its not a streetbike, or even a track bike. Its a 10 year old WR250F with a cracked head. I'm selling it for next to nothing to get it out of my garage because I don't have the time and I'm not willing to spend the money to get it fixed. If I'd put a whole bunch of money into it and was trying to recoup that, then yeah, apples to apples, but you've done a whole bunch of talking on something you only know a little bit about.

10. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

It sounds like a good deal to me and I'm not worried about the title. I have way more important questions to ask about the bike than that.

Can you ship it to Nigeria?

Would you be willing to accept a cashier's check from a foreign bank?

:D

11. Lawn Dart

Yes. :up: Can I give you my name, address and Social Security number to make sure it comes to the right place? I don't want there to be any mixups.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

does the cracked head have a title?:D

I wonder if you put moral & legal dilemmas on CL if folks would call and give you advice with the same enthusiasm? Craigslistjesus help me wash my sins! :beer:

13. Lawn Dart

Something tells me that "does it have a title?" is the next "clubman legal?" :crackup:

That's actually not a bad idea... What if someone started a website to crowdsource life's dilemmas. You could submit postings similar to Craigslist, then people would post solutions/advice... What could possibly go wrong? :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How much for the title and the cracked head?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

16. Lawn Dart

For you? $5. You can take pictures of it with your junk.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Is the MSO in your name?

18. Lawn Dart

Are you interested in buying it? If so, I ain't shipping to Oregon. :D

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Drive it up here I'll trade you for my roadie.

My roadie only comes with a bill of sale, no title.

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Two desperate people just made a love connection. Good luck to you both. :crackup: