1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The seed was planted early.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Sep 23, 2021.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I remember riding on the back of that thing with no helmet. Clinging for dear life to my biological fathers T-shirt. I can remember the burst of acceleration and the wind wanting to rip me from the safety of my fathers backside. Must’ve left a lasting impression. I still revert to a child like state every time I twist a throttle. everything disappears when I swing a leg over a bike to this day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  2. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Slightly jealous of that…. growing up, motorcycles were not allowed - they were considered too dangerous.

I had a brief stint in my early 20’s with a used Suzuki T500 for a couple summers, but really didn’t start riding until 30.

KneeDragger_c69, RRP and ronin1052 like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Love the bike...that was my first sport bike.

ronin1052 likes this.
  4. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Great pic.

Ditto.

Same. I was smitten when they burst on the scene in '84 - vowed to own one someday.
    Took 15 years - but made it happen.

Still own it. Still love it.

ZX900A1.jpg

malik ross and mastermind like this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I had my first motorcycle crash before I was born. My 2 year old sister started climbing up the non-kickstand side of my Dad's bike that was parked on a slight hill. Mom, pregnant with me, ran over and moved my sister out of the way, as the bike ended up landing on her.

mastermind and YamahaRick like this.
  6. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Same deal, different bike. I’m a “bit” older than you so my memory is my dad’s spanking new ‘53 AJS Model 18CS race/street bike. What a vivid set of memories, 4 years old, eye level with the head pipe and the upswept muffler, big polished aluminum cases, black tank with gold lining. He’d sit me up on the tank in my little kids Cromwell helmet and ride me in his lap to his lumber yard for the day. A mostly fun lifetime of racing and riding later, I still remember that. You could say, I never had a chance LOL.

cortezmachine and tl1098 like this.
  7. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Great story
    My father broke camp when I was two but from what I heard he was a gear head. I was in love the second I understood what a motorcycle was. Begged for a dirt bike for years and at last got one at 12. Been through too many bikes and hot rods to count at this point but I’ll never forget how great I felt getting that mostly used up yam 80.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It’s a Ninja, what? Didn’t “Maverick” ride one?

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

yeah this was one of a small handful of times I ever saw my father. He died alone in a hospital last year during covid.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

900. I had two of them, an 84 that was stolen, and an 85. A rocket for that time. Great pic!

ronin1052, speedluvn and R Acree like this.