1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Queen is Dead

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Sep 8, 2022.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Which one is Daddy?

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

German ancestry in the Royal Family. They changed their name to Windsor from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha during the First World War, prior to that it was Hanover.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

we knew which one eventually gave up on US

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Different subject, but shit news for them, so far, as they are no doubt are well aware of, far better than I could ever be. I have a little bit of knowledge on the subject of the trampling of indigenous peoples, my father having been native Hawaiian, born in 1931, with Hawaii achieving statehood in 1959, so he was 28 when that occurred, for better or worse, and Pearl Harbor happened 18 years previously, when it was a US territory. Sometimes it sucks to be a reasonable person. Sometimes you have to hit back. I feel like that was too oblique. Everyone (sane everyone) on this earth has the right to enjoy their journey, without the interference or obstruction or overreaching or aggression from anyone else. When you gauge that that is out of balance, move your ass. On a timely basis. Digging yourself out of a hole is a PITA, and tiresome. Pay attention and don’t give people the benefit of the doubt who don’t deserve it. OK, back to my book!

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I know the bloodline and the relations, didn’t seem relevant though, as the Romanovs can attest to…

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It could be argued that the only real benefit to the UK that the Royal Family brings is as a tourist attraction.

BigBird, CBRRRRR999 and Banditracer like this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Doesn’t really matter. They both sucked at certain seminal points. And they were both terrific at others. That’s why we’re independent. Amirite?

8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

As an old (er) Ex pat, i've never known a time she wasn't Queen. She was beloved by my generation and while she lost some of her lustre with the way the Diana situation went, she was absolutely an iconic figure. She will be missed, and, i'm certainly curious as to how Chucky and Creepy Camillia fare in their new roles....

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:crackup:

11. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Yawn…one less person leeching off the UK tax payers.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I loved her in the Naked Gun.

DmanSlam, cha0s#242, zjay and 2 others like this.
  13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think he just wanted to get married, have kids, and live a normal life. I know I couldn't imagine living my whole life (including all of my youthful mistakes) under that kind of microscope.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh, I think they have people to keep those things under wraps. Right Prince Andrew?

Banditracer likes this.
  15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Prince Charles in Charge now? :)

Shenanigans likes this.
  17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

for now….

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

As far as monarchs go, she was okey dokey.

RIP.

Cheers,

Dave

19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

20. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

India and Pakistan going to celebrate? She was queen through the last years of their colony and dominion status.