1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The price of efficiency

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 12, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Got lunch and stopped for a coffee along the way.

Things that got difficult along the way:
    -Trying not to spill said coffee (avoided one of those hole cover things for the environment and all)
    -Opening the multiple doors along the way
    -Getting security card out for entrance
    -Elevator
    -Swiping time clock

What about the rest of you? What was more difficult when it started as an efficiency move

2. Airport „security“

BigBird likes this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

About 50% of the time I was the first guy in the office, so I started the coffee. But when I wasn't the first, nobody else started it. So I did a little experiment and quit making it at all. Sure enough, nobody else stepped up and they even had the nerve to asked why I wasn't doing it. So my simple reply was, "what happened, did you break your arm!"

Being the vindictive asshole that I am, I simply brought my own in. And it tastes a hell of a lot better than the free swill at the office.

I realize this doesn't really fit the original question, I just felt like rambling on:D

Oh, and a Thermos is your friend[​IMG]

I'm picking out a thermos for you
    Not an ordinary thermos, it's true
    But the extra best thermos money can buy
    With vinyl and stripes and custom right in

Tas, MELK-MAN and BigBird like this.
  4. Yeah, that was even more random than the OP :)

rd400racer likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well played, ya jerk! ;)

rd400racer likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

id argue the plastic lid was made it increase efficiency. just think how much coffee waste there would be without those lids. thered be so much spillage and cold coffee poured down the drain without them.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

i was talking these little stopper things (google said they are called "splash sticks" by Starbucks)

[​IMG]

8. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I leave the wooden stir stick in the hole, and while it doesn't eliminate the splashing, it reduces the amount of coffee loss by orders of magnitude.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How in the world do you get out of the coffee shop with enough in the cup to spill out of the little hole?

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I don't use a stirrer generally. Usually it's a latte so no need.

Sent from my smatrfone

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I pickup from a mobile order. It's usually filled to the top.

Sent from my smatrfone

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That doesn't change my question :crackup:

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Coffee? Random story time? Ok!

So the story goes...

When old man Huseman was still around on site at HGC, "break time" was defined as being as long as it took to drink a cup of coffee. He would fill up last while everyone else settled in to break time. Apparently the old man would down a scalding hot cup of coffee in one gulp, and then proceed to tell everyone break was over, get back to work.

So the story goes...

TurboBlew, BigBird and rd400racer like this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Don't any of you people have coffee pots at home? There is nothing efficient about paying six dollars for a bitter cup of over brewed swill courtesy of your local hipster barista. Gullible fools, the lot of you!

auminer, StaccatoFan and zertrider like this.
  15. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

He said lunch :p

What if home is not efficient for a lunch break?

Occasionally it is nice to be served a treat with no effort other than an exchange of funds :cool:

BigBird likes this.
  16. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

To answer the original question, the day began its transition to the complex once the second foot hit the floor ... grrrr ...

BigBird likes this.
  17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Did you order a piece of quiche too? :Poke:

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Bring your own cup with lid to Starbucks. Save ten cents and don't worry about spilling.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

then how do you do a mobile order on a whim? :Poke:

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

well if you had an Eastport fanny purse you can always carry your favorite beverage container with you. If you were super cool and wanted to be my facebook friend...that cup might say YETI on it...