1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Petrucci Files

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, May 27, 2022.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

And I'm pretty sure that's not how you felt at RoadA. Neither of us did.

Hell, I was gonna bring a Italian flag to the track just to show support and make him feel welcome in US.

cav115 likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Aren’t you Albanian or something equally European T72 jack in the box after getting hit with a BB commie anti ‘Mercian? :D

418 likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn straight….. I was happy as Hell for the whole team… Tired of the Yamashow

FastByKids and 418 like this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Eurotrash gotta stick together.

You know it would be nice for your ass to show up at the track every now and then...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kid is dead in the middle of travel sports season and is also finishing up her recruiting after getting screwed. No time for anything until late August.

plus no one to mooch off of in MA. :D

418 likes this.
  6. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

I'm sure if you go back and watch COTA Greg White shared plenty of details on the rule when Attack did the same thing.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

lol

Again, just thought it was interesting they were hiding it...

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Nothing shady with a 2nd bike being out of sight.... it's part of the rules per MA.... section 2.4.10.....

"................... If the primary or active motorcycle is damaged in a crash or in any other incident and is declared unrepairable (safely and in the available time) by the Technical Director or his appointed staff, then the seal on the damaged motorcycle will be destroyed by the technical staff and the chassis of this motorcycle must not be used for the remainder of the event. The new serial number will be recorded by the Technical Director. During set up day (usually the day before first official practice session) no restrictions apply regarding the location of the spare motorcycle. From the start of the first practice session, any spare motorcycle must be kept out of view. It is recommended that team working areas incorporate an area for this purpose. During an event, minor adjustments may be made to the spare motorcycle, the intent being to allow teams to maintain parity with the primary bike. In the event the spare motorcycle is used in competition, the primary machine is taken out of competition. At that time, the damaged machine must be kept out of view..................."

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

1.18.4 Superbike riders may use the primary motorcycle presented for technical control at any time during the event. Riders are allowed one (1) complete spare motorcycle. Only one (1) motorcycle may be presented for preliminary technical checks, and it will be the only motorcycle allowed on the track and in the pit box during the practices, qualifying, and races. If the Technical Director declares the primary motorcycle unrepairable, the spare motorcycle may then be presented for scrutineering before the next session. For a full explanation of procedures see article 2.4.10.

10. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

also in 2.4.10
    The spare machine can only be used in the next session to which the incident occurred rendering the primary bike not able to be used. In a race situation, if the primary bike is required to be replaced with the spare machine at any time during Race 1, the first opportunity to use the spare machine is the next session or race. A race will be deemed to have begun when the rider exits pit lane for the sighting laps. All restarts, including those three laps or less, are a continuation of the original race or session.

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The "shady" part was just not telling the reporter and continuing to evade the question. :crackup:

12. 418

418 Expert #59

The most concise, clear headed and collected Pettruci I've seen so far explaining the VIR crash.

@3:47

Yzasserina, cav115 and Dragginass like this.
  13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'll give him the benof the doubt and assume they didn't edit anything out:crackup:

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Subscribed.

418 likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You are still friends with Ulrich, aren’t you?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’d like to think I am with both the C and the J but, they are busy with like 27 bikes on the grids and they’d probably ask me to actually help and I’m waaaay out of date on anything they’d need including fetching tires and even plugging in the fans to dry out leathers.

I’m getting old and the paddock has left me way behind.

SBKBee likes this.
  17. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

18. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Surprised no one commented on the corkscrew mash up with Cam...seems like everyone is getting along now even with the bar banging.

I think he may have realized this championship won't be handed to him.

418 and cav115 like this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Looked like he tried to punt Cam P in my opinion.

Used2befast likes this.
  20. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Had Cam crashed in the dirt it probably would've been a much different story after the fact. I think Petrucci knows he got in there too deep could've easily taken Cam out. If it were me, I would've felt the need to apologize for that one. Good to see they both seemed to enjoy the battle nonetheless. They both need to find a few tenths and try to stick closer to Gagne though. I feel like I'm watching Baubier all over again.

badmoon692008 and Used2befast like this.