1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The one TRUE thing that is ruining Motorcycle Roadracing

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

The ridiculous leg dangle. It should be banned and if you do it you should be black flagged. Think about it. About the time ROSSI started doing it is when Roadracing started to take a shit.
    It makes the rider look totally out of control and it's basically blocking and dangerous.
    I've turned this sport onto a dozen people in the last year and they all freak out when they see this stupid gesture. They all say the same thing -"what the hell are they doing?" And "if it helps why aren't they all doing it?"
    How does anyone expect to be taken seriously when their leg is dangling way out to the side at every corner?
    Make them stop, now.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY what he was doing when he first started doing it. I don't remember who it was, but there was somebody who kept trying to come up the inside of him and he'd stick that leg way out there to block them.

My favorites are the guys at trackdays running 10 seconds off pace dangling the leg. I want to slide up next to them and kick it.

3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Besides Mongo?:D

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And what brand was on the bike when he started that gay ass shit?

Here let me help....
    [​IMG]

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You didn't know that Mongo taught Rossi how to do the leg dangle?

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Does a leg stick out any further than a knee? Doesn't seem like it to me, just from the knee down to the foot. Were you planning to run a bike or wheel underneath there without clipping a knee in the process?

Not defending leg dangling, just saying....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

:crackhead:

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Is NC close enough to...:FL:

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hey man, I'm like Candy Man. Say my name and I'm here to spank that red haired ass:)

For the record, i think it's cool as shit you wanna get back on the horse!

I only give you shit cause you start 38387272 threads talking about it. Fukin do it already.

Seriously, do it and I'll even throw a few bucks your way to help out!

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Dude, I finally clicked a couple of weeks ago re your actions, hence I have been poking at you:crackup: I have had 3 goes at trying to figure out who the real name is behind the R-B logo so far as you well know and failed each time, maybe one day over a larger I will discover who you are, PS Thanks very much also.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There's a guy in BSB Supersport who dangles the outside leg. This isn't an oops moment. He does it all the time. On purpose. He's sixth in the championship!

Luke Stapleford
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've been watching him all season. He obviously didn't get the memo about the patent pending foot anchors.

Sheridan Morias was putting BOTH legs out a few years ago in WSS.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Taylor Knapp has done this for a while as well, but under braking, not mid-corner. Crutchlow said he would do this mid corner sometimes because his legs were too short and when he'd hang off the inside real far his outside foot would come off the peg.

[​IMG]

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Yep, she loves all you guys

18. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

RE: Leg dangle

I'm sure this has probably been suggested before but...

Do you suppose that the leg dangle is an attempt to keep the bike in line? If you have ever braked late and hard enough to get the rear skimming the pavement, the rear has a tendency to swing to the outside as you start turning in.

Usually people let off of the brake just enough to let the back hook up and come back in line.

Look at the previous posted picture of Rossi with his foot off of the peg. It looks like he is reaching for a balance point instead of blocking.

I think it may start out as the result of their foot coming forward under hard braking while attempting to re-position it on the peg. Then they realize that "hey, this could be useful at certain times." Then it may just become a second nature bad habit.

Or not... :p

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

It must do something if the fastest guys in the world do it. But I do love watching a non-dangler out-brake a dangler.

20. doublea

doublea Well-Known Member

I think he started doing it to Sete Gibernau, mid-2000's?