1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official cycle jam roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 26, 2014.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

No, 2nd in F2 novice (lost time turning my head) but 1st in LWT SS

Next time :beer:

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Saw Miles Thornton do that to the F2 field at Road Atlanta one year on a "real" 250. It was ugly (or awesome, depending on who you were pulling for). Phil Fortune had a strong running SV superbike and it didn't help, Miles was just gone.

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It was too bad you were gridded so far back. Seems like most of us humans were running around a similar pace in the 43's. So, you're sprint racing SV's now?:beer:

I almost wanted to hang up my leathers for good when I saw the 38's, then 37's then 36's that were posted by Xavier and Ben. I know I wasn't exactly at my best, and didn't get the confidence to squeeze out my absolute best, but I'm looking at 3 seconds, not 6-7. Ugh.:Puke:

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Yea man. Just got that one put together. Fell in love with them after running the Jolly Roger bike in endurance.

I too was missing like three seconds. Did :40 on Garry's bike. But seeing a :36 was just heart breaking lol. That shit ain't right.

6. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

So who were all of the photographers there?

7. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Stop or I'll shoot and Active shooter were both there and post photos.

Red spade and mx4nam as well but not sure if they post any for sale.

8. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

Thank you. See them all over the track, but I never see any pictures.

9. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I can't believe this is ok with tech? I am no expert, maybe someone can explain to me how this is safe?

I saw the flames during practice and it was disconcerting to say the least.

10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Tech, in my experience, has always been hit or miss. I either get the guy that I think is going to take apart my motor just for the hell of it and tells me I got 14,000 more bolts that need safety wired, or the guy that doesn't even look at a damn thing on the bike and just slaps a sticker on it. The Cycle Jam tech was actually a nice balance between the two...the kind of tech inspection I would expect.

11. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Isn't the brake fluid in the caliper getting cooked?

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Just ask Bitchcakes....back brakes aren't needed on racebikes.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually teched him and he said the flamethrower issue was fixed, no tin foil on the brake line either.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not. But I never heard about the flame thrower after tech or I'd have gone looking for him.

15. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

:beer: Getting any bike through tech is all about distraction. Try to direct the attention of the tech official towards some nitpicky small thing and while he is focused on that and lecturing away he won't even notice whole parts assemblies (like a brake caliper for instance) completely missing from your motorcycle. :D :Poke::D

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

He lied lol. I was pitted across from him

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I won't go lied, I think at tech he believed it was fixed :D

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Touché.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yah I wasnt thinking he was going through "blackened" like that. :D