1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official cycle jam roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 26, 2014.

1. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

An A kit "modern" 250 built and tuned by someone who knew what thy were doing were capable of over 100hp. They were light and proper race bikes. They would eat very fast SVs for breakfast.

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I didn't notice Steve's gold bike shooting bad flames. His was stupid fast though on straights.

The black one with novice plates shot flames so bad he had foil on his rear brake line

3. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Ok. My mistake. I'm glad his wasn't shooting that bad. It normally doesn't, only really at Daytona.

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Closed throttle mapping issue?

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

They were in the 80s and 90s on my dyno, and some of them were AMA Pro race winners. Never saw one in the 100s, that may have been factory Aprilia numbers.

6. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

No 1 has told me I shoot flames, maybe I do on brief rare occasion. That other 1 looked like a flame thrower it scared the bejesus out of me when I was behind him. I passed him fast because I was worried parts were melting off his bike and hitting me.

7. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Yeah that torch coming out the exhaust of the black bike was unsettling to say the least.

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's what I had heard before, which is why I asked. I believe 125's that weren't 1 million dollar leased Aprilla's seemed to make low 40's in the US and rarely will a motor 2x the displacement also provide 2x the power.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  10. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I remember seeing that bike! Awesome!

What's you / that guy doing looking all around? Up to the passer!
    I mean hopefully you wouldn't try and move to let someone through because then you may clip the dude on the other side you didn't see!

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

yep. i got roasted there like :Pop: no chance of gettin' by this guy... :up:

looks like this in standstill:

Attached Files:

• burn.JPG
      burn.JPG
      File size:
      138.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

nah, that was me. i stopped looking in the race after that and won :D

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wow... he goes through tech like that? :D

14. noles19

That ain't me, the only thing I rode this weekend was the lawn mower and the couch :mad:

15. noles19

On another note Mr Huey have you ever considered coming to cmp to ride minis? :D

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My GPS maximum speed for the gold GSXR565 last weekend was 140.1 mph with most laps in the 138-139 range.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  17. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

I remember a superkart guy (Johhny West) telling me his RS-250 twin made 116 hp on the dyno which sounded like quite a bit of power to me with my Rotax 257 single making only 65 or so. His kart did haul ass but on the banking at Daytona my laydown could motor him because of the superior drag coefficient of the driver flat on his back. The much wider stanced superkart dominated the infield.

18. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

Who is the guy with the vid? A bit erratic and if not for the mechanical I think I would have disaapointed him.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Can't remember his name, he was pitted in front of peanut's house together with Jason bruckner ... Tall blonde guy with short hair and a beard. If that helps...

20. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

So you took the win? Congrats. Wish I could have been there to dice it up.