1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official cycle jam roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 26, 2014.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We have run U4.2 and F&L extreme a few years back. That is one thing I definitely like about running spec fuel, no wasting money on liquid horsepower and no worries about damage to injectors, heads, ports. No draining the tank every weekend, etc. I understand some guys like playing/paying for that stuff, but why waste so much money if everyone is on it?

I've never asked, but how much power do you think a 600 that only looses about 6% of it's cc's would make? Depending on how crazy they went with the build, and fuel, a 600 can make in the 130's. So I don't think 100-115 is out of the question on that GSXR 565.

I've never seen it run, but if a 6'6" 260lb guy can beat a 90lb kid you know it is putting down the ponies. I've seen Xavier ride, he is good. I've not seen Ben ride, I'm sure he is good too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed - I thought the starter was great. The warm-up laps were a little different than usual, as many seemed to be on parade laps rather than warm-up/hot laps. Not a big deal - just an adjustment.

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I agree with you 100%. I think you may have misunderstood my post. Xman's bike was doing 135mph on the back straight according to his GPS lap timer. I'm guessing close to a 20-25mph disadvantage even with big Ben riding. I believe we're racing against the 565 again this weekend at VIR. I'll probably use U4.4 and try to close the gap a bit. We ran VP110/pump mix at Rd Atl.

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

They have to drop the CCs but can have formula rules builds. I was told at the track one number and in pms another. But both numbers would make them on par with regular 600s

I was easily down 25mph on the straight. But can't complain. I was racing up a class. It's like me complaining about a 1000 in Asb while I'm on a 600 lol.

They are neat bikes

5. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Mike I think we may need a few of those bikes.

6. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

They are very cool bikes. Very reliable and in comparison to a fast SV very affordable to build and race for a couple seasons.

In "SS" tune level they produce a tiny bit north of 100hp. A few normal modifications brings them up around 110. The mule bike this weekend was a bit more exotic, and ran really well. That motor is still in development.

The main thing on them is just the way inline 4s produce power and how efficient they are at maintaining rpm while building speed. They can be a bit punishing at fast tracks, but do have their weaknesses on slow tight tracks with slow exits.

The biggest thing to remember has already been mentioned. Were all racing in a class designed for 110hp 230lb two stroke rockets. It's just that th SS Sv has become the mainstay with WERA SE especially. I got passed at BHF by one of the 80000 dollar bimotas like I was standing still on the gold bike. 100ft lbs of torque vs 43 means we struggle at some tracks vs the bikes we built ours to race against.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Agree 100% F2 is a step up class even for a superbike SV. It wouldn't bother me if F2 morphed into a thunderbike type class since 250cc 2 strokes are pretty much extinct. I'd like to see the big Ducs race WERA. The GNF at Barber definitely levels the playing field.

I'm assuming you built the #772 (Andrew McDonald) GSXR 565 that was out there in the regional F2 race? I could hang with him down the back stright on my SV superbike. He was a big guy and cut a nice hole in the air.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'll put it on the list. My next project is a superstock FZ07.

9. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I figured you would be spending time in the tool shed when they announced the U.S. release.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wish I had known, would have had it looked at.

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

It got looked at several times by RA staff but their skills were not up to the task I guess. Next time I'll get Jeff aka Mr Mic to announce "shitters full!!" on the PA:Poke:.

12. benprobst

I didn't build that one. Something wasn't right with it. My bike went by it faster than a lot if the SVs. I'd be willing to bet I know what they did wrong. That's why I built a few different set ups and did so much math I had high school flashbacks. It's not rocket science, but it's not simple.

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Well I guess you're good at math. You got it right...

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Was that the one shooting flames out everywhere?

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

At Roebling it looks like it hits the after burners, at the 5 marker...lol. Would hate to be passed on the outside by it. :D

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

yes!!

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, You are completely right, I thought you meant I was crazy, thinking it made that much power? Sorry.:beer:

I agree completely with this being a class that could be dominated by 250cc 2 strokes. Did they really make that much horsepower, since they seem to be competitive with a late 90's 600?

Out west, the only people running 250 2 strokes are gentleman racers, so kids on 125's or SV's can usually beat therm.

I wish I had been more involved with the sport, when 250's were popular. I would love to ride one sometime, but I'm afraid the learning curve would be too long for the amount of enjoyment I could get out of it. I would have done it for my kid, as he was developing, but by the time we got there, no one was making that step anymore.

18. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I got the memory of a goldfish - who was there taking pics again at Cycle Jam?

19. benprobst

I just wanna be sure we have this right. The bike Joe is referring to the copper/gold one was ridden by Steve Diver. It was shooting flames on decel, that how we cool the valves.

The yellow plate 565 was not in anyway affiliated with me.

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

the other one was doing it too