1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

As far as I heard he was staying on the 600 with SDK as his teammate next year.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  2. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Love that pic of him in the flip flops. Gagne being a Socal surfer/moto kind of dude should fit in well with a team based out of Surf City USA.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The Great One and stk0308 like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

5. CBob1k

CBob1k Well-Known Member

The Great One likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Whatever. That's almost a decade ago and Ben was more impressive during his rookie year on the satellite bike than he was during his years on the Factory bike.

Good to see Binder get tapped for the Factory team, he deserves it. I think he is A LOT better than his performances have been showing this year. If he was on a Kalex I have no doubt that he'd have lifted the title already.

I'm very excited to watch KTM next year.

BigBird, Shocker and Quicktoy like this.
  8. Quicktoy

Hey. I love Motogp. But I’m all about parity. And that was being shit on for no reason.
    And like I said. I don’t want to take anything from Binder. I can’t wait to see him next year. And I’m happy for him.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There is no "Ben" rule anymore and hasn't been in years. That was tossed when Marquez moved up.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

My point exactly.

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So it is time to stop being bitter about it and move on with life. Life is too short to go through it being bitter about some sport thing.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

There's a he said, she said over whether Oliveira turned down the factory ride. Can't imagine by what he's saying that it's true. But Mike Leitner and Herve say it is.

stk0308 likes this.
  13. Quicktoy

If I can’t have things I love and and don’t agree with at times then why do we come in here to talk? lol. I’m just a Big Ben fan.

BigBird likes this.
  14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I get why you don't stick Iker in the factory squad, but I thought Tech3 made it clear they wanted Olivera and Binder to be teammates again since they worked well together.

15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

That was all thrown out the window once Zarco decided to quit the team.

I'm happy for Binder. I think he will be able wrestle that KTM around the track like Pol does and I can only hope he gets up to speed on that bike ASAP.

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Or he’ll be another Rabat, Reading, Lowes,>insert name<, which I think is more likely.

17. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

So did Ikor sign, then immediately get demoted to Tech 3?

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

What does the Binder call up mean for Oliveira’s future at KTM? KTM needs to hang on to Pol as hard as possible, dude is a beast and knows the bike better than anyone. Oliveira is also riding the shit out of that KTM. Would’ve made more sense to promote Oliveira and place both Lecuona and Binder in Tech3. Though that would probably poison the relationship with Herve since he’d have 2 rookies instead of 1.

I hope they give Miguel full factory support in Tech3 at least.

Even though KTM is finding this extremely hard I still believe in their long term success and commitment, at least more than Suzuki.

19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Completely agree. I think Tech and Factory are trying to pass off the agreement to stay on Tech3 with Mika filling in for Zarco as if there were for 2020. Miguel is clearly gutted by this decision, and I don't blame him one bit. Leitner's interview with Simon left little doubt who is lying here. How they could do that to the kid is ridiculous.

Bruce likes this.
  20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Link to interview? I really don’t understand them passing over Oliveira. The dude has been doing extremely well considering what he’s riding and that he’s a rookie. That seat should be his if they’re going to give anyone a 2 year deal on it. I thought if anything they would sign Kallio to a one year deal so they wouldn’t have to poach Oliveira from Tech3, then promote Miguel up for the 2021 season.

Oliveira will leave KTM now for sure. No way will he forget and forgive this. I see Repsol colors in his future.

Found the Oliveira interview. Ouch. This kid doesn’t mince words one bit!

“"Mike [Leitner, KTM team manager] came and talked to me, and I explained how I felt about it, but it made no difference, so clearly they knew about it [the final decision], and they were just asking me my opinion to waste my time."”

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019