1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I get what you're saying but since Binder had already been promoted to MotoGP long before this happened, it was a little confusing. Especially since Tech 3 is supposed to be a Factory Team B, which is one of the things that lured them away from Yamaha.

2. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

It seems not a single person can ride that honda anymore except MM. It is for sure built for him. It looks hard to ride and never settled.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm not do sure that its how he would prefer it, but he's still able to win on it. I believe he said he throws crazy lean angle at it because that's the only way he can make it turn.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

And it looks like Gagne is taking his place as CamBeau’s teammate on the new Attack team.

5. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

SoUrCe?
    [​IMG]

Hoffman900 likes this.
  6. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

MotoAmerica’s website / social media account

7. Hoffman900

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

:D

[​IMG]

JJJerry, Bruce and The Great One like this.
  9. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I new to the game, is Gagne a frontrunner? He looked mid-pack all season.

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I'm not knocking Gagne at all, but wouldn't J.D. have made more sense?Has a year with the team already, years of being with Yamaha, and was getting around pretty good on the R1 this season.
    Is it a case of J.D. wanting to do AFT full time?

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So.. He's no longer a Red Bull athlete?

I did NOT see that coming.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes he was in the past and will be once on a competitive bike. Won the Red Bull Rookies Cup in Europe, then a couple championships over here before going to WSBK on a non-competitive Honda. He should do very well.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Hoffman900 likes this.
  14. Hoffman900

JD is tied to a contract. My guess is their is some politics at play with AFT as well (hence their new rule about having to run the series full time).

Sucks for JD because the door he’s been waiting for opened, just things didn’t line up timing wise. Great for Jake though, he’s a great rider and super nice guy!

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Could it be that JD's AFT contract offers are more lucrative than anything he was offered in MotoAmerica? That seems to be the pattern of late.

Senna and ts199 like this.
  16. Hoffman900

I don’t know but I know JD wants to road race. I’m sure others can share other information.

17. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Pumped for Gagne. Ive been hoping he was going to get on a competitive bike. He had the BMW running pretty good times towards the end of the year this year.

Shocker and Peter Hively like this.
  18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Jake was recovering from a badly broken leg for the first half of the season. He looked a lot better toward the end. Believe me, fully healthy he is a formidable competitor. Look back at his history and you'll see that he qualified for an AMA Pro MX 450 event several years ago in his first attempt.

lonewrench, malamute, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  19. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Happy to see Gagne get a competitive ride. Is Bobby still riding for m4 next year? I thought he would’ve been a good fit to move up to SBK on the Yamaha.

Hoffman900 likes this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

He did OK on an R1 once upon a time not too too long ago........

[​IMG]

Bruce, stk0308 and ts199 like this.