1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2020 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Jul 1, 2019.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

At the time, he'd have been out of his mind to choose an unknown satellite Yamaha team or Suzuki over Repsol Fucking Honda. Compare the resumes of those teams and tell me who you'd most likely gamble the rest of your career on?

And JLo was the one to reach out to Alberto Puig, not vice versa.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Prior to the Mugello win, it was pretty clear that Ducati was displeased with JLo.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If HRC said no and Ducati dumped him what are his choices?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought it was Suzuki who turned Georgie down?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, he called them. Not the other way around.
    Mir was signed to Suzuki pretty early, if I remember correctly.

Petronas, I guess.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That sounds familiar.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

It was Davide "Going for youth" line...

8. The Great One

HRC said yes, so what's the relevance of this hypothetical question?

9. The Great One

Yep. He can probably thank AI29 for that. Suzuki didn't want to deal with another rider with an ego after that, even with Monster Energy willing to kick in a fat stack of cash.

10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

11. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

For a knife in his pocket. The UK is f'ed.

12. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

A 6" kitchen knike while collecting a debt outside a block of flats? I suspect he's dating Vicky Pollard.

1870799.jpg

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I agree that they’re not inherently flawed. There are issues though. Casey complained that his bikes nevertheless felt consistently similar due to variances in frame manufacture with the trellis.

The biggest disadvantage I think is with the spec tire. That goes for WP suspension too. By using technology that others don’t, their data, wealth of experience and engineering talent pool are much more limited. Spec tires force technological convergence. It’s almost like developing your own software vs. using off the shell stuff.

Changing the frame and suspension from something with which they have enormous experience would be very costly, but the switching cost would be lower than if they did it later.

14. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Yeah but you’re taking Italian vs German welding.

15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I know Suter actually made some of the Ducati frames but I think that was after the switched to the twin spar aluminum configuration.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

you'd think that a couple of strain gauges applied to crucial corners of a trellis frame would tell you a bit....

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

The Pierobon frames seem to work alright in other series...

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Apples, oranges and Orangutans but I get what you're saying.

19. I've always thought the same then thought I must be under thinking it and making it too simple or they'd be doing just that.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you look back on the beeb it was actually Steeltoe who vetoed that shitte.

The Great One likes this.