1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Now Totally Random Photo Thread - NSFW!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdg

sdg *

Oh, Pardon me: Where's the Christmas party at, c#@t? Don't tell me you haven't heard that joke...

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That man would have been 17 or 18 when the war ended.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There were Soviet WWII vets that were 13 or 14 when the war ended. In some battles anyone who could hold a rifle was conscripted.

4. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

My math says 20.

5. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Every time I've seen images that portray such Nazi atrocities as depicted in this photo, my blood begins to boil. The inhumanity is beyond the pale.....

Von Ribbentrop, Goering, Frick, Keitel, Rosenberg, Jodl, Streicher and all the others deserved such punishment as was meted out to them.....

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

And so do all the men in uniform in that photo.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

When I see that, yes, the people standing watching are, as you said inhuman... but I just can't fathom what would make a man kneel down beside the hole & placidly await the bullet. You're gonna die anyway, why would you go out like that, rather than kickingbitingscreamingpunching until the bullet does come?

It must be some natural mechanism... it's not a rare occurence.

I hope I never learn firsthand.

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

And worst part, it is still happening around the world.

9. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I like that :up:

10. In Your Corner

It is. There is a third element to fight or flight, and it's freeze.
    Animals do it.
    It facilitates a quick death.

11. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

And when it's your turn?

12. In Your Corner

I didn't design life, I'm just saying it's a natural response.

13. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Or, he was so weak from starvation he couldn't stand.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

How would such a mechanism evole? By definition, the organisms that practice it would not pass on their genes.

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Most interesting comments…this, in and of itself, is very worthy of a thread (starter) and the usual heated, vitriolic discussion replete with ad hominem attacks, threats, profanity, frothing at the mouth, spittle on the monitor, etc.

We have no way to determine, from this photo alone, what this man (victim) went through prior to this photo being taken. Much has been made about the inhumane Nazi treatment of the Jews (and other groupings of people) causing the breakdown of normal human responses. Was death a welcome relief in this case?

16. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Starvation, constant beatings and destruction of the human spirit. It is described in detail by rescued prisoners from WWI camps in Europe and Japan many times.

When we stop reading and remembering about those dark events, we will re-live them. The rest of this discussion would have to go over to the Dungeon.

17. charles

charles The Transporter

Disagree. Shall we hold a gentlemanly discussion on this point alone?

I say, quite the opposite, that the will to survive is part of man's genetic structure. No? Try a simple test on yourself…get a rip-snorting fire going and then hop in, and will yourself to stay there. If your position is on point, then we won't hear any more from you, and we'll know you were correct, which fact will be set forth in your obituary. :crackup:

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Remember that we don't pass on our genes at the end of our lives. In most species, reproduction begins as soon as the body matures enough to support it. Humans can reproduce by age 13-15, even if we choose by cultural fiat to wait until later.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now that I would laugh my ass off at :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Enough with the Nazi discussions - make a new thread in the proper place please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.